March 03, 2003

Yar....On a lighter note I did have a lot of fun doing pretty much nothing this weekend. I skated a ton, which is always good. I rode at Greer for close to 4 hours on Sunday with Capn� Stew dog. Man that guy rips. The highlight of the weekend was getting to see skateboarding legend �Pete The Ox� thoroughly kill the park and put all of the loc�s in place� Anyone who thought they were good at skating Greer left realizing they sucked. Even Capn� Stew, who is one of the shred dogs of all shred dogs and a Greer Park Icon himself� The Ox did some pretty crazy things� Things that were beyond imagination� Things I would have never even thought possible� The lines that he hit were insane� fast, wild, and crazy sick� He even did an invert on the island� He threw down crazy OG slash grinds� layback slides� every shred dog trick in the book� I was blown away� It was seriously inspirational� I had to pinch myself to believe that I wasn�t dreaming the insanely brutal assault that I was witnessing. So much style, so much skill, so much over the edge shred dogging� man, it was great. I have never seen anyone kill a park with so much style and ease� it was sick. I can only hope to be 1/10000 as good as that dude some day� it was crazy. To top it all off, the dude was super chill and super nice too� man� soooo rad. The essence of skateboarding� that is what I witnessed� what it means to really skate� it was pretty f�n cool.
--El Capitan Grande

No comments: