May 14, 2002

So me and my shipmate Capn't Wayne and I went to P.F.Changs fer lunch today... food was pretty good... nothing to shout about... but pretty darn good... was fun at least, saw some ole friends from our days in the ole ship HR.....anyway... I stole meself two fortune cookies and here is what they said:

1) He who is aware of his folly is wise
2) good things come in small packages.

I dunno about anyone else... but these two words of wisdom don't mean much to me.... well... I guess being aware of you foolishness/stupidity/folly is a good thing... it is wise not to wade into waters where you can't stay afloat... but just because you are aware of your folly, this does not make you automatically wise... many bastards are aware of their shortcomings... but do nothing to change them... so to me, that makes them less wise... it isn't enough to be aware of things... I can be aware that I am a scurvey bastard... but if I do nothing to right that wrong, then I am still a scurvey bastard.... and I am no wiser for knowin' the fact that I am a scurvey bastard.... yar....

And how in the bloody hell does "good things come in small packages" help a pirate gain meaningfull insight... good things like what? planks don't come in small packages.... boats don't come in small packages.... laughter doesn't even come in a package... love... that can't be boxed.... ya can't wrap a friend up in a small package.......so what is this small thing that is so good? Small packages of gold are not better then large packages of gold!!! yar... maybe I am missing the ole point... but to me this quote is just a bunch of jibber jabber.... you know what Mr.T would say about that.... "quit it"... yar....
--Capn Plato S.S. Fil-loss-o-fee

No comments: