August 09, 2004

Weekend in Review:

Thursday:
On Thursday the 568 crew cruzed down to the lake but it was too cold and we were to pussy to swim. So instead we cruzed back home and went to the farmers market. I got some bread and a really good cookie. Then we went to one of the usual dinner spots: Sneakers, for some grub. Sneakers is great. I love sports bars that have good food and good beer and lots of tv's. Sneakers is one of those kind of places. Ruth met up with us there which was rad... She always brings a smile to my face. haha sorry total dork over here... anyway.... After dinner we went to Atavola's for a glass of "good" scotch... don't ask... it was dumb... let's just say we (the guys at 568) had watched a show about distilleries a few nights earlier and so we thought we knew something about good scotch.... we didn't. After I struggled to drink my "good" scotch "with a splash of water" we cruzed home and just chilled out. It was a good night.

Friday:
On Friday I had to pick up some stuff at the store for my Grandma so I went and skated the MV park after work. I met some cool dudes there named Rich and Montey. They were a lot of fun to skate with. After a super long sesh I cruzed to RW so that I could clean up and then I went down to tha WG. Ruth made dinner, Steak sandos and potatoes and salad... yum! Totally good. We chilled out and called it an evening early.

Saturday
On Saturday it was off early for breakfast with Ruth's Grandpa and then over to Ruth's parents to go wine tasting with with Nick, Shelly, and Ruths parents for Ruth's Dad's birthday. It was a ton of fun. Ruth's family is rad. The wineries were cool and I found it very interesting to learn a little about the different types of wine and how they were made. It was also interesting to see how different each vineyard was and how they presented their merchandise. One place was super chill while the next was all stuffy and "strictly business"... anyway totally random there... So back to the point of the story: We had lots of good wine and a lot of fun. Ruth put together a lunch for everyone so we had a picknic at the last vineyard which was excellent. Ruth always puts together the best snacks. After we finished winetasting we cruzed over to Santa Cruz to her Dad's boat and ate some snacks and drank beers and some more wine. Dom and Angie showed up, and we toasted their anniversary which was really cool. It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz so we chilled out on the boat for a bit and then headed later in the evening we headed over to the Crow's nest for dinner. Dinner was entertaining and fun. After dinner we cruzed up to the bar where a funk band was playing. We had a drink and Ruth and her parents danced a bit. It was fun. After dinner Ruth's parents went back to the boat and Ruth, Shelly, Nick and I went to at Ruth's Cousins house which is right across from the harbor. It was cool. She has a neat place.

Sunday
On Sunday we woke up sorta early and then went to breakfast at a place up the street from the docks. It was really good. After breakfast we chilled for a bit and then Ruth and I cruzed back to the WG. I went over and helped my Grandma out for a bit and then went and skated at MV for almost 4 hours. That was a lot of fun. I haven't skated that long in ages. I hit up the "Bell" on the way home and then cruzed to the EH and chilled out with the bro's. We played poker and drank beers. It was pretty fun. I suck at poker but did make some pretty crazy and unpredictable moves so that was funny. I crashed out early and that was all she wrote. It was a super fun weekend... as always... good times and good friends... that's how it's supposed to be.

Word.
--Tha Bligityblogosaurus

No comments: