August 26, 2004

Weekend in Review

This last weekend was all about goin to SB/Ventura/Ojai for Joels wedding....awesome!

Friday
On Friday I took off early from work to meet up with my main man: Ben "Porter-supreme" so that we could carpool down to Ventura to go to our good friend Joel's wedding. The Drive was a lot of fun. Ben is a totally awesome guy and a great friend. We spent a lot of time catching up and talking about the good old days back in SB. (Ben and I lived in the same houses for most of our college years so there were a ton of good ole days to remember... haha) It was rad. Ben's big news was that he has a new girlfriend... It was rad to see how stoked on her he was. He talks to his new girlfriend (Erin) on the phone a lot.... and by a lot I mean like every hour on the hour... haha it was pretty funny. By the end of the drive I felt like I had a really strong bond with Erin... and that we were fast on our way to becoming great friends.... even though she wasn't with us... hahaha It was very entertaining to say the least. If I wasn't such good friends with Ben it probably would have been totally annoying...but for some reason I thought it was great. It was rad to see his face light up everytime she called... Ben rules. True!

We rolled into SB in the late afternoon and I met up with Jeff in Carp. Ben and I were both staying at Jeff's house but Ben had to cruze up to Ojai (sp??) to meet up with the wedding party for the rehersal dinner. So Ben dropped me off and then rolled out, and I took off with Jeff back to his place. It was great to see Jeff. I hadn't seen him since his wedding a year before. Much to long. Lucky for me, Jeff and I always seemed to be good friends in SB even though we didn't really hang out all that much after freshman year and even though we both lived at the same houses... I dunno I guess we just always seemed to have other things going on... anyway... I guess that was how it was kinna how it was with everyone that I lived with in SB... we all were super tight, but we all had other lives outside the house.... I dunno... Anyway I am way off the track now... so let's see back to the trip: Jeff and I cruzed out to his new house and met up with his wife Amanda, and then we all went out to dinner at a place called BJ's in Camarillo (I think maybe Ventura??). Anyway dinner was fun and it was rad to catch up with Jeff and to chill out and relax after the long drive down. I found out that they are going to be having thier first kid soon! whoaaaaa crazy!! hahaha good news though. After dinner we went up to Ojai to meet up with the rest of the SB crew. We all met up at Jen's parents house. It was nice to go up there and to chill out and have some beers, kick back by a camp fire, and eat some more food. It was rad to see everyone: Big John, Chris, Davis, Joel, Jen, Dan, etc it was awesome. Ben got pretty faded and was hillarious on the drive back to Jeff's... he drunk dialed Erin and put her on spearer phone... it was after 12 our time... and this is where I should probably mention that Erin lives in Boston... hahahaha Drunken Ben is awesome... he is such a nice guy... so funny.... hahaha Got back to Jeff's and I crashed out hardcore. It had been a long, but super fun day.

Saturday
Got up early on Saturday and had Bagels at Jeff's house. That was fun. Then we (Jeff, Ben and I) went to go pick up our wedding presents (home depot gift cards) and to go pick up car "decorations" for Jen and Joels car. Sometime after 12 Jesse and Jon and Jon's girlfriend arived at Jeff's house. It was good to see those fools. I hadn't seen any of them since Jeff's wedding either... nice to catch up with everyone... anyway we all cleaned up and headed out to Ojai for the wedding.

The wedding was at a beautiful house up in the hills... the grounds were amazing. It was a perfect location. The actual wedding was short but sweet. almost brought a tear to my eye... *sniff* haha it was very Joel and Jenn which was awesome. Anyway the wedding was rad and it was really cool seeing Joel and Jen so happy. Dinner was good and I had a great time catching up and seeing all the SB heads... those peep's are amazing. It's always a good time hanging out with those fools. We drank lots of beers, a little bit of wine, and had a grand ole time chillin out by the pool. We decorated the car late in the eve: filled it full of balloons, stuck oreo's all over it... drew wild things on the windows.... it was rad. after we destroyed the car we went back up to the party and drank more then a few more beers... I ate lots of food too. Lots of cheese for some reason???? Before I knew it, it was time to head back to Jeff's place and time to catch some z's.

Body count:
3 glasses of wine
7-9 corona's

Sunday:
On sunday I woke up way too early after sleeping rather poorly on Jeff's down stairs couch. I had not consumed enought bevos to make me pass out compleatly... but lucky for me I wasn't hung over either. The price you pay I guess, not a bad hang over but not a good nights sleep on a short couch... hahaha Everyone woke up by 8ish and we cruzed to Ventura for breakfast at this cool little cafe downtown. Good food, good friends, good times. Then we drove up to Ojai to say our goodby's at Joel and Jen's. A few hugs and many big smiles later it was time for Ben and I to make the big drive home. The drive was fun, I got to know Erin some more, and Ben and I had some more great conversation about the good old days and the future and stuff like that. It was rad.

When we got back to the bay I went and had dinner at Ruth's parents house for Dom's b-day, it was fun and the food was great (as usual). It was good to see Ruth. I had missed her. It was a great weekend. Viva SB crew.... 103, 6714, 6576, 3642 for life. WOrd
--El Blogosaurus

No comments: