July 26, 2004

Weekend In Review:

Friday:
Got off work a little early and headed over to the lake for a quick swim. Always the perfect way to start off the weekend. Then it was off to PA to go skate Greer till sundown with Stewrad. There is something awesome about carving the bowls at Greer with the sun setting in the back ground... my moment of zen??? hahaha anyway, skating Greer in the eve is always rad. I haven't been skating enough... time to step it up a bit. After a fun sesh it was back to tha casa to eat pizza with Ben and to watch some Sports highlights. Chilled out on the couch and before I knew it the eve was over....

Saturday:
On Saturday I woke up early and watched the end of the Tour de France. Then I cruzed down to the SVC and skated the sunyvale park with Stew. I ate shit on an accidental nose blunt on the mini ramp and that pretty much ended my session. That sucked. On a high note though, I learned a new trick for the first time in a while... fakie foot plants... hahaha keepin it real yo! After my hip started to hurt I decided to cruz back to RW. I ate a BBQ Beef sando at Prima and then went to the lake to swim for a bit. After I got cleaned up I went down to MV to help my Grandma out and then cruzed to Ruth's for dinner with Evan and Melissa. That was a lot of fun. Evan is super funny. We chilled out and then called it a night.

Sunday:
We woke up early headed to Santa Cruz to participate in the Wharf to Wharf race. I ran hard... maybe a little to hard... hahaha It was a really fun race, there were all kinds of bands playing along the race route and there were tons of people out cheering which was awesome. The race was 6.2 miles long.... I didn't really train like I should have... Really, I didn't even practice at all... unless you call 4 "training runs" over a three month period practice... I posted a decent time though... 50:14ish... so I'm not really that bummed out. Next time I'll have to train a bit more... haha After the race we chilled out at the finish and then went out with Ruth's parents on their boat. It was super fun. I caught a couple small rock fish that we had to throw back... my first catch was only about 7 inches long... hahahaha oh well,it was a lot of fun anyways.... Who would have thought that I would enjoy fishing so much. Ruth's parents are rad, it was really fun to be out with them all day. We had a ton of snacks on the boat and a few beers and lots of fun. After the day on the boat it was off back over the hill and back to the WG. Ruth and I went out for Mexican food and had some really good margaritas. It was a great night out... perfect weather.... and a good finish to a great weekend. I crashed out early and that's all she wrote.... (man my legs were feelin it... haha)

--El Blogosaursmargaritas

No comments: