May 04, 2004

Weekend in Review

Friday
So this last weekend I went to Wild Flower... Wild Flower is a triathalon down by King City at a place called Lake San Antonio. Ruth and my roommate Damian were on a 3 person relay team with Ruth's sister in law Angie. So on Friday Damian and I left work early and met up with Trista and Ruth down in WG, and then we all cruzed out to tha Lake. We stayed at the campgrounds just a short hike away from the lake. The place was packed with tons of Triathaletes all getting ready for the race. It was exciting, you could feel the energy in the air. It was also exciting for me because it was my first time ever going "camping"! Yes, that's right: it was my first time ever... I know, I know, I am a deprived child... but what can I say... my parents never took me... anyway, I'm not really sure if this really counted as "real" camping... but we did put up tents, and we did sleep on the ground, and we did have a fire... though it was in a mobile fire pit that Ruth's brother brought with them... but anyway... I digress... So the point is this: if you consider "car camping" real camping... Then I have now been camping :) (but I'm told I really shouldn't count it... but anyway I digress again) It was a lot of fun and I had a great time, minus the fact that when I woke up it was fricken freeeeezing out. haha :) So yeah, camping was super fun and the people we camped with were really nice and brought lots of good food and I had a great time.

Saturday
Woke up super early on Saturday. Saturday was race day, so there were people making all kinds of noise getting ready for their races... Oh well, sleep is overated anyways right? hahaha After a few snacks and some Gatoraide it was time to cruze down to the starting line. It was nice and cool out in the morning but it quickly heated up to almost 94 degrees. I think it was still about 94 or so when we left at the end of the day... so yeah, it was pretty damn hot out. And there wasn't a whole lot of shade to be found.

The Relay was broken into three parts: A 1.5 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride and a 13 mile run. Damian rode a great race finishing in 3 hours. Ruth and Angie also had excellent races. They ended up placing 5th out of 44 teams and were only about 7 min. out of 2nd place. So anyway... I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of details... but the bottom line is this: It was super fun to be down there and I had a great time. Hopefully next summer I'll be able to participate!!!

Part 2 Saturday night:
After the race was done it was time to cruz back to Emerald Hills to celebrate Ben's b-day. We had a bbq and I ate a ton of cheesedogs. Lots of fun. Played some beer pong... lost a few too many times... drank a bit more then I would have liked... got my party on. Had a great time! Happy B-Day dog.

Beer count:
5 - bottles of PBR
2 - bottles of Fat Tire Loft Beer
1 - bottle of Mission Ale

Sunday
Woke up early without much of a hang over... thank goodness... Sunday was a work day at the Lake, so at around 9ish Damian and I cruzed down to the lake to get our work on. We got to see our buddy, the life guard Eddie wich was super cool and we also got to talk to some really nice "old school" members. It was a good time, and not too much work either. We chilled all afternoon. I was a bit warn out from the weekend... Later in the night I cruzed down to the WG for dinner with Ruth's family. It was excellent as usual. They are amazing cooks. And they are super nice too. It was a good time as usual and a lot of fun. After dinner it was time to crash out and to get some much needed z's. That's about it... it was a great weekend!