April 26, 2004

Weekend in Review:

Friday: Got out on time and went to go skate after work. Hit up the RW. All the lame kids were there as usual. I'm starting to like skating there a little bit, but still don't like most of the brat-pack. I ate a big pile of crap trying to do a smith grind pop out on this one ledge... totally smacked my elbow. Some softball player asked if I was ok. He was like "Daaaam that looked like it hurt!" A few of the wacky kids asked if I was ok too. I was ok. Considering how hard I fell, it really didn't hurt that much. I made a few more attempts at the smith grind, landed a sketchy one and decided to count it and go home. Cruzed back to the pad and chilled. 568 cruzed down to Los Potrillos for dinner... always a good thing. After dinner I went home and chilled out.

Saturday:
I got up early and went on a bike ride in Pescadero (sp?) We rode really hard. I suck at climbing hills and there were 4 pretty good hills to climb. It felt good to go out and work hard though. After the ride we stoped at this cool place for breakfast. The food was pretty good. I don't remember the name of the place unfortunately.

After the ride I had to go to MV to visit my grandma. She's not doing so well so it wasn't exactly a fun visit. Getting old sucks.

After I left my Grandma's I cruzed home to get ready for a family reunion up in C-town. Ruth came with me. She is so rad. It was great to see my family and even better having Ruth along with me. I wish my cousins lived closer, it was really good to see them all.

Sunday: Chilled with Ruth all morning. At around noon we went to lunch down at the Canyon. I ate waaaay too much food. It was really good. I love hanging out with Ruth... it's always so relaxed and fun... Makes me wonder why I put up with some of the drama that I went through with some of my ex's.... Later that day I called my grandma to lean on her to take her meds and to eat food. She got pissed at me and then she hung up on me twice. Talk about a stressfull situation. Spent the next hour or two talking with my Mom and my Dad about the situation and then decieded to go clear my head and go skateboarding. I skated Red Wood City,Greer, and MV. It was really hot out. But if felt pretty good to be out and about and to get my mind onto other things. I skated for almost 4 hours. I landed a few good tricks here and there, but still nothing new. I need to get creative. After the shred sesh I cruzed back to RW and BBQ'd. Sipped on a few beers, and fell asleep on the couch. It was a long and busy weekend... but a good one over all. True.

--El Blogosaurus Rux

No comments: