February 24, 2003

The Weekend in Review:

Friday: Friday night was a chill night. Went over to Capn� Pete the thuglife killa�s house and watched the Warriors take out the Knicks in a very exciting game. It was good to see Pete-rock, hadn�t chilled with the Raynar Hood Crew in days. After the game I cruzed over to Capn� Mike�s pad for a bit and talked some trash with JB, Jamie, and P-real himself. It was pretty fun I guess� mostly just chillin. The highlight of the night was definitely the Warriors game.. haha

Saturday: Slept in a bit and then just sorta chilled all morning in the back yard. Man it was a beautiful day out. Trista and her parents were over for a while which is always fun. Her parents are super funny and are always a treat to hang out with. It was nice to have a lazy Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon was all about going Mountain Biking. I had never been before� but Geoff, John, and Damian said it would be a piece of cake for me. So with minimal reservations and a fairly positive attitude I headed out to the top of Skyline Boulevard to embark on my first ever Mountain Bike expedition. A piece of cake� well, Geoff fell off his bike and crashed into me within the first 3 minutes of the ride and then, about 45 min into the ride, my body gave up on me on one of the climbs and I tipped over, couldn�t get unclipped from my pedals and fell down the side of a steep hill. Haha It all seemed like it happened in slow motion. On second I was struggling to climb up the hill, and the next I was tipping over and unable to unclip from my pedals, and in one more second I was sliding down the side of the hill with my bike on top of me� not the best way to start off my Mountain Biking career� but it makes for funny story none the less� needless to say though, falling down the side of a hill and having my bike land on top of me took a lot of the fun out of the ride and a lot of the motivation out of me� I managed to finish the ride with out falling again� but I gotta say it was way more difficult then I would have thought. Man� talk about a workout and a challenge� It was a lot of fun though, minus the fall, and I am looking forward to riding more in the future.

After the ride we went back to the house and then down to the Burrito place in Downtown San Carlos� man that place is sooooo goood. They have huge Burritos there� yum! : )

After dinner it was off to Dave and Buster�s in Milpitas to meet up with Capn�s Ben, Mike, Brett, Davis, and some of Davis�s Sorority sisters for Davis�s birthday celebration� For the record, I don�t really like Dave and Buster�s all that much. Also for the record I don�t really like Sorority girls all that much either. Especially stereotypical air-headed drunk stupid sorority girls who think they are super fine and super cool� oh, sorry, I mean, er.. yea� so you can guess how the evening went� It was good to see the homies.. I will leave it at that.

Sunday: Sunday I slept in again. Chilled, ate a muffin, talked some shit with my roommates, and then headed out to work. Worked for a couple of hours and then went to go skate Greer with Capn� Stew and the rest of the Greer park locals. It was a super fun session. I had a lot of fun just dorking around and being silly. We had a style contest for carves around the big bowl� Stew was killing it as usual. It was a typical goofing off kinna session at Greer. It was great, just what I needed. After Greer I went and ran a few errands and then cruzed back to the house on tha hill. Watched the Warriors win, yet again!!! Twice in one weekend!!! Whooo hoooo! Then I made some super good quesadillas, watched some of the Grammy awards, and then crashed out early. It was a good day, I didn�t even have to use my A-K� haha�. Word.
--Capn� Chilledout S.S. Weekendyo

No comments: