August 12, 2002

The Weekend in Review (part Two)
Day two: Saturday.
So after a bit of a slow start of Saturday, but not really feelin' any major effects from Friday, I finally ended up at work. And man... did I work... Moving boxes and checking inventory for almost 6 hours.... wheeeew.... at about 5 I headed over to Greer to get a few runs in and then headed over to Rengstorff to skate with the crew. It felt really good to go out and skate. I had a pretty good sesh too. Capn' Pete had some sick mini ramp runs. We took that thing apart.... it was rad.... I landed some pretty good street tricks too... BSTS on the big box second try.... Feeble grind on the bar felt really good too...got sweaty, got dirty... it was great. Headed home, and then went to see a movie. Saw "Signs". That movie was realllly good... super scary... haha at one point I was so tense that I got a cramp in my leg.... hahaha it was funny... great f'n movie. After the movie, went home and started cleaning up getting ready for the BBQ!

Sunday
Woke up and felt kinna lame... tired and a bit groggy... so I decided to go for a quick "easy" bike ride. I ended up riding my ass off. The hardest I have ever ridden to date. It felt great. Rode as hard as I could at one point while trying to pass a couple of "roadies". I thought my legs were going to explode. They must have been super pissed to see some crazy fool on a cross bike, wearing cut of ben's and a white t-shirt cruz past them. It was rad. I felt really good.

The rest of Sunday was the chill day. Back yard BBQ steeelo. Cut off ben's and chillers were in effect. Great weather, plenty of shade, music, friends and fun. We had two BBQ's going at one point which was pretty cool(one gas, one coal). There was lots of beer, and a ton of meat. Everyone came through huge. We had 40's of Budweiser, a case of Pacifico, a case of Carrona's, Newcastle, regular bud's, Pale Ale, Red hook, you name it... it was probably soaking in our huge bath of ICE. Lots of beers got consumed. Between the 20 or so people that showed up: Five 40's and over 60 beers were dusted.... not to mention 6-7 huge steaks, 25 cheesedogs, 2 packs of apple chicken sausage, at least 10 pieces of chicken, two racks of ribs, and a huge tray of potatoe salad. It was one of the best BBQ's ever, period. Good friends, good food, good music, good weather, good beer, good times. It was a great f'n night. I am very lucky to have such good friends.

This weekend made me realize a ton of things, most importantly, that my friends are some of the raddest people in the world. I am truely lucky to be where I am at in my life right now and to be surrounded by so many great people.... things are not perfect, but I'll be damned if they aren't pretty f'n awesome. I am happy. Life is good.
Like the Cars said: Let the good times roll.....
--Capn' Sean The Destroyer S.S. Goodtimesgoodfriends

No comments: