July 24, 2002

I went and skated Greer again at lunch today. I think I may have to stop doing that... I get way to pissed off. There were some other lame kids there today... Am I really this old... where I get pissed for no reason. I dunno... I guess I just expect that people should know what is up when the go skate a park... snakes in the grass.... kids leaving their boards in bowls.... standing in the way... not paying attention.. ugh.. it was enough to get me super pissed off... but then I took a step back... these kids prolly come here right now cuz most of the old dudes like me are out doing other things like "work" during the day. It is summer after all... they prolly don't expect some crazy old hesher to be haulin ass around the park at 1pm.... Then I had to laugh at myself... just chill I said under my breath... it is about having fun remember... I felt like a jerk for being so angry at them. I just wish people would learn to pay attention..... it would make life sooooo much easier....

Anyway, the point of this post is as follows: While chillin at the corner waiting my turn I noticed a soccer camp starting up on the field... it was funny... the kids in the camp were prolly about 5 or 6...The instructor was a girl who was prolly 20 or so... anyway... The kids were all geared out in their shin guards, adidas shorts, and socker shoes. And you could just tell they were super stoaked to be out there... smilin, lauging, yelling... it was fun to watch... The instructor was having them practice ball handling skills by making them form a line and then having them follow her around in a snake like pattern... it was super funny, the kids kept tripping and missing their ball and stuff. They were all having so much fun... I could tell the instructor was having a great time working with them.... she was laughing and joking around with them a lot. Giving them high fives and stuff... it was rad. Anyway, it made me think of skatecamp... I miss teaching. That stuff was sooo fun. I have been putting a lot of thought into looking into teaching... kids can be so rad.... I am glad I saw that today... I think it gave me a little bit of an attitude adjustment... I don't know why I was trippin so hard yesterday... sheesh... yar... maybe I was growin some barnacles on my old hull... yar...
--Capn' Itsallabout S.S. Fun

No comments: