June 07, 2004

Weekend in review:

Friday
On Friday it was mellow night. I got ready for the Mt. Bike race that I was doing on Saturday: an 8 hour relay race in Sonoma. I kicked it at the house and played video games in the eve and then I chilled out with Ruth later that that night. It was definitely a low profile eve, but it was fun.

Saturday
Saturday morning snuck up quick and before I knew it we were out the door and driving. A quick clock check for the record showed the time as a little after 6am for wake up time and by about 6:30 we were on the road and cruzin. It was a beautiful morning and turned into quite a warm day. By 10am when the race started it was down right hot out. This was my first ever Mt. Bike race... shooot I've only been riding Mt. Bikes consistently now for about 2 months... so doing a race was kinna crazy... anyway, I was a little nervous but pretty excited as well. The course turned out to be super technical with lots of exposed rocks, steep descents, tight switch backs and difficult creek crossings. I wasn't expecting that... it was very challenging. But, it was also very fun. You really had to be on your toes while you were riding. If you weren't, a large rock or a sharp turn would sneak up and wreck you. I must have fallen off my bike at least 5 or 6 times on my first lap... and I'd wager to say that this race was one of the hardest things that I've ever done. Physically exhausting, mentally draining.... totally difficult on all levels. But I will add once again a whole lot of fun at the same time. It was awesome to be out there, pushing myself to the limit, and challenging my skills to their fullest. It was quite an event. Let's see hightlighs included trying to keep our make shift shade tent intact durring the gusting winds... dh wrecking himself on his second lap.... Our team was really cool and super fun to hang out with. Team name: RFS = Really Fuckin Slow. Lots of fun riding and escaping death... Lots of fun talking with other riders and relaxing after the first lap... Drinking tons of water and Gatoraide... It was an excellent event. About 9 hours after the start time, the race was done and we were back on our way home. Quite an event, highly recommend.

Sunday:
Sunday was major chillmode day.... I cleaned the house in the morning and then had lunch with my Uncle Steve. That was fun, it is always good to hang out with him. Then I just kicked it all afternoon. Played the new hoops game that we got last week(it's turning into an addiction) and then just lounged. At around 5:30 I headed down to the WG and went to Ruth's parents for dinner. It was excellent food as always, and a lot of fun as usual too. Her family is super cool, and super nice too... I've probably mentioned that already at some point... but anyway, good times as usual. After dinner Ruth and I headed into SJ to go see the Madonna show. haha yeah, you read right: I went to see the Madonna show... Laugh at me if you will, I know I lost some major hesher points by going, but it was well worth it. It was super fun. The show was rad, the music was excellent, and the people watching was great. The best part of the show was some of the cinematography they used for the videos that they played on these huge screens... really cool stuff... some of it kinna weird... but some of it suuuuper dope. It was really cool. Good times with Ruth as always... She is so awesome. Show ended at a reasonable hour and then the eve was over... and so falls another weekend to the past... and another good one for the record book too! Good times, nothing but good times baby...!!!!

--El Getbentosaurus Rexis

No comments: