February 18, 2004

So The ole Weekend in Review.....

Well I don't really know how to put my weekend into words this time... amazing... awesome... perfect... great... all these words seem to kinna fall short for some reason... I'll explain why... maybe you'll feel it too.....

Friday: It was Friday the 13th... I wasn't scared. Friday the 13th is lucky in my family. My grandfather was born on Friday the 13th and 13 is my lucky number... anyway... it was Friday the 13th... and since it was Feb. and Friday the 13th, that meant it was my Homie Wayne’s B-Day! Wayne and I go way back... well.. I don't know if you consider 3+ years ago way back... but anyways... we go way back to the days when this blog used to be about a slave ship and when I used to work with that crack head Bob.... Anyway, I digress.... the point is this, Wayne and I worked together during some crazy times at our old company. It was a lot of fun havin' Wayne around and I miss workin with him. We were like, the only two sane people in the entire Service department... anyways we had a lot of fun back then and saw some crazy stuff go down. So yea... I digress again... So it was Friday the 13th and it was Wayne's B-day and so I went down to Palo Alto to meet El Capitan Wayne and his crew for a B-day bash at The Cheesecake Factory. It was a lot of fun. Got to see some of the ole bloggin regulars, Capn' Uber Viv, Jennius, Nadeem, etc etc etc... it was good to see them and fun to meet some new people too. Mostly it was rad just to hang out with and talk some isht with good ole Wayne. Happy Birthday bro...

Afterwards I went down to SJ to go catch a show at the Blank Club. It was a Ska/ Reggae show... not normally tha kinna show I would go to see but for the books: it was off the hook... such good music. I was blown away. Super good show, amazing music, lots of feeling. The highlight was a band called Drunken Starfighter.... totally awesome... such a good vibe. I bought their CD... it rocks.... Anyway it was a great show and I had an awesome time there.

Saturday Night aka Valentine's Day:
So V-day was rad... Did some last min shopping and then cruzed to the flower store to get some roses for my Mom and for Ruth. Got some pretty cool ones and I was stoked... Anyway... Chilled at my Mom's for a bit... went skating for a bit with Stew at good ole Greer, always a good time. Then cruzed up to the house to get ready for tha big V-day date... : )

We went to dinner in down town San Carlos. Same place we went a few weekends ago... it was just as fun this time as it was the previous time. Ciao Amore, very good place to go for great Italian food. No corking fee and it is sorta expected that you bring at least one bottle of wine. Ruth is introducing me to different kinds of wine... (I don't know anything about wine for the record...) It has been a lot of fun trying different kinds of things. Anyway, dinner was great, the food there so far has been really good.... The atmosphere is great too... kinna loud at times... but lots going on and even though it's kinna busy and lost of things are going on it's very mellow... We chilled there for almost 3 hours... it was so rad... I love just sitting around talking with her. So comfortable and easy... I dunno... anyway... it was rad. We cruzed up to R-dub and exchanged gifts. She got me a Bamboo plant which is totally cool. : ) I love having plants in my room... anyway... I thought it was a super cool gift. I think she liked the stuff I got for her. It was a really good night. The best Valentines day I've ever had. Period. It's hard for me to describe... I mean it doesn't really sound like we did anything out of the ordinary... but it's so fun just chillin with this girl that doing nothing is awesome..... it's crazy... anyway... It was a super rad night... off the hook so to speak...

Sunday: Went out to Breakfast with Ruth at the Courthouse Cafe. Once again it was just super fun to go chill out and talk about random stuff with her. The food was great, and the company even better. After she left to go study I went and shot hoops with Damian. It was fun. I got my game on and played pretty hard. It felt really good to go out and work the legs and stuff... I was really hurtin later... haha but oh well good times....

I met up with Ruth again later that eve and we went to go see 50 first dates. It was a really good movie. Definitely advise one to see it. We went out to eat and got Mexican food afterwards, which is always cool by me. Got the food to go and cruzed back to her pad. It was fun. As always it was a great night. In the morning it was raining and windy. It was really cool to look out the windows in her room and to see the wind blowing stuff around... it was like a dream.... very relaxing... I dunno hard to capture the moment... but let's just say it was pretty cool.

Monday: Went and grabbed lunch at Eric's Deli. I hadn't been to that place in a long time. Reminded me of Saturday skate days back in Mt. View. Such good times. Lunch was good. After lunch Ruth and I went to Trader Joe's because she needed to pick up some food for a dinner later... super funny to watch her shop. : ) I'm prolly sounding like a total nerd right now... but anyway... it was fun... after that cruzed up to REI to check out their winter sale. Got a super dope North Face Jacket and a helmet for snowboarding. Both were almost half off.... soooooooo rad!!! hahaha then I cruzed home and chilled for the rest of the day. It rained so I couldn't skate or play hoops... oh well.

So anyway, it was a great weekend. I got to spend a lot of time hangin out with Ruth, which was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend. All smiles once again. All smiles.... : )

--El Blogosaurus

No comments: