August 11, 2003

WEEKEND IN REVIEW!!!!

Friday: Met up with Geoff at the pad, and then went down to rock the lake, hit a few good dives here and there... chilled, swam around... the water was perfect... it was great. Cruzed over to the store and picked up some food to BBQ and then cruzed back to the house to eat. At around 9pm I picked up Stew and we went to a video premere/punk show down in San Jose. It was sick. Clay Wheels played, which is always cool. They are a great f'n band, one of my favorites by far. There were lots of shred dogs at the show. A bunch of the OG Greer loc's were there too. It was a good time. Those fools are fun to hang out with.

Saturday: Woke up early, Cruzed down to Sunnyvale to skate with Stew. Ripped it up in the blazing sun for far too long. It was a great sesh. I hit a few tricks that I haven't landed in months. That always feels good. I also busted out some mach 5 tailslides across the middle quarter pipe... those feel f'n great. After it started getting crowded Stew and I hit the road up to Taco Bell and chilled with PeteRock for a bit. It was good to hang out with Pete. He left the next day for the east coast and med school. I will miss seeing that fool around the hood. After we chilled with Pete for a bit it was off to Palo Alto to get our Greer park sesh on. We skated hard but not very well... mostly due to the fact that we had already skated for over 3 hours at the Sunnyvale park. I spent most of the Greer sesh chillin in the shade with my board leaning up against the fence. It was a perfect day of skating. After the sesh I cruzed back to the RWC and kicked it at the house. Watched a few movies, cleaned my room a bit, drank some beers and BBQ'd. It was a good day.

Sunday:
Woke up and chilled... watched some stupid t.v. shows that made me less smart. Got motivated at around 11 and went skating down at the Mt. View park. It was fun. I kinna miss that place even tho it kinna sucks. It's like going home after being on vacation for a couple of weeks... I dunno... I had a good time riding around and being stupid. After a good shred sesh there I decided to cruz up to Redwood so that I could hang out with all the wack kids that skate there. I really don't like the vibe there... what the f.... anyway... I had fun even tho the kids were super wack. Did my usual bag of not that rad tricks but had a lot of fun doing them for some reason. I guess it just felt good to be out riding in the sun with nothing else pushing or pulling at me. It really felt like summer time. After a good sesh it was off to the lake for some more fun in the sun. I rocked some pretty hesh dives for about an hour. Then right when I was getting the groove and getting ready to try some new dives I kicked a rock at the bottom of the lake with the top of my f'n foot. It hurt a lot. Like kicking a rock barefoot as hard as you can should. It sucked. I had to go home to bangage and clean out all the cuts I got. No swimming for me for the next couple of days... which sucks even more. Oh well... maybe wednesday.... The rest of Sunday was spent playing ball with Grace and chillin on the couch with my foot elevated... not a bad weekend all in all tho!
--Capn' Skatinlikea S.S. Crazycrackfiend

No comments: