August 05, 2003

I've been listening to "Awesome 80's" all morning on my Launch Cast player... great stuff.... lots of good memories come to mind when I hear this stuff... My early days on my skateboard, going to fishbanks, and getting new boards at the Sport Loft. Multi-colored High top Airwalk 540's with lace protectors, neon colored shirts and shorts, going to the waterslides, skating red curbs, matching the color of my wheels with the color of my rails and the colors on my deck... cruzin the dirt jumps on my bmx... falling in love for the first time, going to summer camps..... being a kid was pretty fun.

Here's some names to jar your 80's memories: Some of the great artists like: The Cars, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins, Information Society (pure energy), Van Halen, Wang Chung (Dance Hall Days), REO Speedwagon, Michael Jackson (before he went f'n crazy), Men at Work, Madona.... And then some of the not so "great" artists like Chaka Khan, Falco (Rock me Amadeus), Debbie Gibson, Boy George... haha it seems like even the bad music of the 80's was still pretty good.. Even the stuff that hurt your ears is a classic... haha

It's hard to believe that Guns N� Roses was spawned from the days of the 80's. The entire Appetite for distruction album is so awesome.... Metallica was hard and heavy.... Iron Maiden ruled all.... There were so many awesome groups back then... and so many great songs.... Rick Springfield�s �Jessie�s girl� ... Don Henly�s The Boys of Summer.... Great songs like: Eye of the Tiger, Born in the USA, Tainted Love� haha so much great music... even the soft rock rocked hard... haha....

All this music some how fits in my life right now� with the lake and all�my out look on life... etc etc... My life feels kind of like the life of a kid in all those 80's movies... cruzin' around town on a bike, jumping of the high dive into the lake... having fun, drinking beers, chillin with friends getting into trouble here and there... all I need now is to go on a hunt for some lost pirate treasure and to have a summer romance... haha To quote VH1: I love the 80's... Viva the days of neon shirts, crazy hair cuts, endless summers, Atari, and great music... yea, I am an 80's kid... DFL.

--Capn Neonshorts S.S. And Gotchashirts

No comments: