August 06, 2003

I was listening to Anthrax on my Launch cast player today and a question came to me: What the F� happened to metal music in the 90�s???? All of the�speed metal bands� went from fast and loud to soft and slow� All the Hard rock bands went soft... all the hard edged brutal music turned pop.... just about everything that rocked, stopped rockin�. What the hell happened??? Why did the music die? Why did the speed slow down? There was a tour when I was in high school called "Clash of the Titans", which included Megadeth, Anthrax, and Slayer� if they did the tour now a days� I am sad to say it would be called Clash of the Soft Rockers� Some examples to prove my point:

Metallica: from Kill em� all, and Justice for All to Load and Reload� (I blame it all on Lars)
Anthrax: from Persistence of Time to Stomp 442� (what the f??? talk about a shitty album)
Megadeth: From one of the best metal albums of all time:Rust in Peace to Hidden Treasures???? Wtf�Dave what the #$%^ were you thinking????
Even, dare I say it, Slayer went wack� from Seasons in the Abyss (and all the older records) to what the f� God hates us all??!!??!� it�s like Korn and top 40 mixed� (F� that isht)
Rock bands like Guns N� Roses: From Appetite for Distruction to Use your Illusion� (Shit, they added a keyboard player named Dizzy.. need I say more??????)
Even bands like Suicidal Tendencies got slower�

Why?? What disease caused this!!! Was it a government conspiracy to keep people from rocking out??? Did the bands just burn out? Did the corporate gods come down and inflict torture on the bands until they could no longer rock like heavy metal demons? What the F� Why? I want to know why!!! I want my music back� Let�s start a revolution.
--Capn� Playsome S.S. Funkymusicwhiteboy

No comments: