July 28, 2003

This weekend ruled. I didn't do much except have lots of fun and act like a 12 year old. It was great. so with out further pause: THE WEEKEND IN REVIEW!

Friday: Got out of work a little early and headed straight for the ole lake! I dove with the kids off the spring board for over an hour. It was exhausting. I learned how to do "Can Openers" or as some times known: "Jack Knifes". It was a lot of fun. The kids at the lake are super rad. Cannon Ball contests are the best thing ever invented. After I did about 20 more dives then I should have, it was off to the house to clean up and get some grub. We ended up cruzin out to Palo Alto Sol for some great Mexican food. That place is the bomb. Good Margaritas, great food, and lots of chips and salsa. Dinner was amazing, I had worked up a serious appetite for destruction after diving off the board so much. Palo Alto Sol was just what the doctor ordered. After dinner it was back up to the house to just chill and relax.

Saturday: Woke up early and watched the second to last stage of the Tour De France. It was a big day for Lance. Our house was very fired up. Lance won, and that is all I need to say about that. Lance is the man. After watching the tour, it was time to get my shred dog on down at Greer with Capn' Stew. We skated for almost 3 hours in the blazing hot sun. It was great, tho I kind of got a bit of a sun burn on my back from skating for two long with my shirt off. It was a great session tho and I had a lot of fun. After getting served a few beat downs and hitting countless lines it was time to head up to the lake. It was a beautiful day and a great day to hang out at the lake. I didn't dive for quite as long on Saturday, but I still threw it down with the best of em. The lake is so rad. I don't think I can say it enough. After yet another great day at the lake it was up to the house to eat some food and then off to Sunnyvale to hang out with Pete Rock. Pete, Justin, and I worked on editing the skate video till around 12:30 or so. It was fun. Pete and Justin are super cool. It was rad to see all the old footy and to talk about the old days skating crappy spots and taking crazy road trips. It was fun to hang out with those guys. After we got done editing for the night it was back up to tha RWC for me so that I could catch some z's and get ready for Sunday. I think I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow. It was yet another great day in the life of the S-dog.

Sunday: Slept in until around 9:30 or so. Which is late for me nowadays... chilled on the couch for a while watching TV and talking bikes with Damian. At around 12:30 or so we decided to take a ride down to PA to meet up with Geoff at a bike shop. What started off as a nice easy bike ride turned into an all out throw it down hammer fest. It felt good. I love going fast through rolling hills. Nothing makes you feel more powerful and alive then a hard fast all out sprint threw rolling hills. After we finished the ride we met up with Geoff and checked out some bikes and shoes at Mike's Bikes in PA. It's fun to window shop, I wish I had more money. After the stop at the bike shop it was off to the Lake. I did lots of dives and as always had lots of fun. I even threw down a pretty good flying squirrel. It was a very successful day at the lake. I love that place. After the lake we cruzed up to the house and made sangria and bbq'd and drank beers in honor of Lance winning the Tour. It was a great night and a perfect end to a perfect, well, almost perfect weekend. viva Summer!
--Capn' Badcompany S.S. Tillthedayidie

No comments: