July 24, 2003

I'm listening to Dio right now. Holy Diver..... "Jump on the tiger, You can feel his heart, but you know he's mean, Some light can never be seen!" I don't know what the hell this song is about, but I do know that it f'n rocks... The picture on the album cover is rad: there's this huge monster/devil type thing standing like Godzilla behind some crazy fiery mountains... it is pretty awesome and makes me want to go get hesh. I did some pretty hesh "Holy Dives" last night at the lake. Worked on my Flying Squirrel technique some more... got one to stick pretty well which felt awesome. I then proceeded to do an impressive back-flop on my last attempt. That wasn't fun at all and probably looked pretty horrible. It almost knocked the wind out of me and felt like someone had taken a huge wet towel and whipped me across the back with it. The kids at the lake are funny. I had a cannonball contest with a few of them last Sunday. Now every time I see them they ask me if I'm gonna do some more. I am in the cool crowd now, which is awesome. And to think, it only took me 26 years. I love going to the lake. It makes me feel like a kid again. Kids are funny. One of them asked me why I always come down to the lake so late. I told him because I have to work for a living. He looked at me with an expression that said: "Why don't you just quit your job so that you can hang out at the lake and do cannonballs all day long fool." If only I could. If I was a few years younger I'd ask the super hot life guard out on a date. But I'm not so I won't. After the lake I rode my bike down to the market to pick up some food for dinner. It is about a 20 min ride each way. Riding fast in the cool night air is great, especially when you pass people on bikes wearing spandex when you are wearing cut off Ben�s. Everything is a race. After a filling steak dinner I went down to the studio and got my punk rock on. It was a good jam session, I felt like I was really in the groove last night for some reason. By 12 o'clock I was beat and I crashed out as soon as my head hit my pillow. It was a good day.
--Capn� Norestfor S.S. Thewicked

No comments: