June 16, 2003

It usually takes me a bit to write about my weekend... that isn't the case about this last weekend. One word can sum up my whole intire weekend: Traffic. That being said here is a review of what I did:

Friday: It took me almost 7 hours to get to my Dad's friends house in a small town 56 miles outside of Reno. It took me over 2 hours just to get out of the Bay Area. I averaged 3 mph going though San Francisco. It sucked. lucky for me, the Spurs game was on, that made the traffic tolerable... barely...

Saturday: On Saturday I skated a ghetto ass skate park in the middle of this tiny town in the middle of no where. It was close to 100 degrees out. The park wasn't very good, but I made the best of it. I thought that it was pretty cool that a small town in the middle of nowhere took the time and money to try to build something... even if that something was pretty lame and not very fun. On a lighter note, after I skated I learned how to make some really good salsa, so invite me to a party if you need some really good salsa to eat....

Sunday: I left BFE at around 12, hoping to beat most of the traffic going back to the Bay Area.... I saw an even more ghetto skatepark in the town close to I-80, I was tempted to skate it just so that I could say that I skated the two worst skateparks ever... but I didn't. I should have left at around 6 or maybe 5am... It took me 8 hours to get home. I basically sat in traffic from South Lake Tahoe all the way through Vacaville. It sucked. Not only was it a really slow and really f'n long f'n drive, but it was hotter then a muther fucker out there. If there is a hell, it will be exactly like driving 5 mph down I-80 in traffic through Sacramento in 100 degree weather without an air conditioner. It doesent get any worse then that. I got home and felt like a zombie. Luckily the Spurs game was still on and I got to see them win the NBA championship... That was the highlight of my weekend... what a totally lame weekend... Though I will say this, it was good to see my Dad, I don't get to see him much so it was good to spend some time with him. It was also good to get out of the bay for a few days... it made me appreciate what I have here. hahaha... f.
--Capn' Hellis S.S. Sacramentointrafficinthesummer

No comments: