June 19, 2003

I went down to the studio to practice being a heavy metal punk rock god a few nights ago. It was pretty f'n fun. Mike wrote a new song that makes me want to break stuff, which is awesome. When we put it all together and rocked it for the first time I was really tempted to go outside and cipher gas from out of my car and then to light my drums on fire while playing them... I even thought about trying to break them into thousands of pieces with my fists... luckily I held back the urge... but it was difficult. I love the music that we write... when I play our songs I feel like taking over the whole world by force... it takes me back to my days as a kid, when I first discovered Iron Maiden and Metallica. All the way back to 1984-85 when I used to wear florescent colored converse and skated goldfish shaped skateboards. I love that feeling. I love rock and roll.
--Capn' Getloud S.S. Andgetrowdy

No comments: