May 12, 2003

Yar!!! I haven�t said that in a while� In fact, I haven�t said much about anything in a while� This place has been seriously lacking in content. That being said� here�s a recap of my last week and my weekend:

Monday: Went skating at Greer with Dylan the Destroyer and Capn� Stew. I got wrecked. The pictures are proof. After I broke myself we went to La Bomba for some seriously great burritos. That place is great. By far the best carne asada burritos in the entire world. After dinner, I dropped my car of at the repair shop to have some funny noises checked out.

Tuesday: Didn�t do a single thing except watch hoops because my body was broken and my car was in the shop.

Wednesday: Just like Tuesday: Didn�t do a single thing except watch hoops because my body was broken and my car was in the shop.

Thursday: Just like Wednesday: Didn�t do a single thing except watch hoops because my body was broken and my car was in the shop.

Friday: Got my car back� the cost, a mere $1500.00. The only word that describes my feelings about this amount is: Fuck. I was expecting hydraulics and Triple Gold Dayton�s when I went to pick it up. Instead I just got a bunch of new parts under the hood and paid for a ton of labor� oh well� At least it feels like it drives better now� usually when I get my car back from the shop I can�t tell any difference�this time I can, so that makes it seem a little more worth it. My car also doesn�t sound like a eagle having it�s nuts cut off when I come to a stop� so that is a good thing� it is hard to be big pimpin� when your car sounds like shit. So far in the last two months my car has cost me over $2000.00� that f�n sucks. But hopefully now it will be ready to rock for quite some time.

After I picked up my car it was off to skate the new Sunnyvale skate park, which as it turns out is pretty fun. It is kind of a weird park� but it is a pretty good one considering how bad it could have been I suppose� if there weren�t so many people there, and if the coping was a little less sticky, and if the transitions were a little more drawn out, I�d say it was one of the better parks I have skated lately. That being said� it was still a pretty fun park to skate, I will definitely be going down there more often.

After the park it was over to In n� Out for a quick bite to eat and then off to Santa Cruz to see the Fire Sermon play. The show was ok�nothing to shout about� they seem to be working out the kinks with their drummer. The highlight of the night was the opening band called �Thunder Unicorn�. They were sort of a throw back 80�s metal band crossed with Spinal Tap and lots of beer. They were so bad that they were good. I loved it.

Saturday: Woke up, played ball with tha dog and then got ready to make the trek out to Ripon. Picked up Stew and went to a pretty good burrito place by his house. Once we were totally stuffed it was time to hit the road for the hour and fifty min. drive out to one of the best parks in California: Ripon. The locals there are weird. But the park is awesome. Unfortunately the skate gods were not looking favorably on us. Stew twisted his ankle about 45 min after we got there� I crashed on my second run and opened up the cuts on my hand again� Then about an hour after we got there my kingpin broke� I skated Stew�s board for a while and managed to hit a few good lines and a couple slash dog tail slides� I also managed to crash ferociously 3 more times before I called it quits. Dylan was the only one who managed to escape without any physical damage� barely escaping death when one of his wheels fell off in mid air� The session was fun�but it took it�s toll� I will be taking a few days off from skateboarding� On the way home we hit up In�n�Out again� that place rules. 3x3 animal style� yum. Got back to the RWC at around 9pm and watched the end of the Sacramento game� erf� it sucked to see them get so close and then lose� took a shower and crashed out� it was a brutal and long day.

Sunday: Sunday was Mom�s day. So I went and chilled with the Mom. It was fun. My mom rocks the house. We drove over to C-town and picked up my Grandma and then went to a place called Mudd�s restaurant in San Ramon for brunch. If you have never been there, I recommend it, that place is cool. Go on a Sunday or Saturday for breakfast or brunch or lunch� it�s a cool place. I haven�t been there for dinner, but I am sure it�s prolly pretty good too. Got back to the hood at around 5ish and then watched some B-ball. Go SACtown!!!

So that�s a week in review�hopefully my isht will be more interesting from here out�
--Capn� Keepon S.S. Keepinon

No comments: