May 28, 2003

The Weekend in Review:

So it was a long weekend� not long enough mind you, but longer then normal so that is good. I wish all weekends were three day weekends� I still think that the government should institute an 8th day of the week called Safunday, where all business is closed and you are forced to just hang out all day having fun� anyway, this weekend I mostly just chilled. Skated a bit here and there, enjoyed the sun, enjoyed the good weather, kicked it with a bunch of friends, ate a lot of food�. It was a good weekend. Here is a quick recap:

Friday: Drove to the SFC to chill with the SB heads. Capn� Jon was in town from SD and Capn � Ben came out from C-town, even Leyla was out for the eve... It was fun. We went to a cool bar and just chilled out and caught up. It was good to see all those fools, it is always fun hanging out with them. The weather in the city sucked, foggy and windy� it felt like it was raining.

Saturday: Got up early, went to the park in the RWC and skated for a bit. I like skating there when it isn�t crowded. After a the sesh, it was off to run a few errands and then back to the house to clean up and get ready for my Mom and Step-Dad to come by. We went out to eat in Down Town San Carlos at a really fun Italian place. The food was great and the atmosphere was rad. It was a lot of fun. Down Town San Carlos has so many fun places to eat� after dinner I went home and chilled out on the couch watching silly shows on the Discovery channel. It was a good day.

Sunday: Woke up early again, cruzed to RWC for a bit, got my skate on for about an hour but then it got super packed with a bunch of wacky kids so I went home. Once I got home and cleaned up it was time to roll down to the store with the 568 crew (Damian, Ben, Trista, and Nicole) to pick up a few things for the big BBQ. It was a great day out, sunny and warm� perfect for a BBQ. I was a bit worried that it was gonna be a pretty weak showing but we had a pretty good turnout considering the fact that a bunch of people who would normally be there were out of town. In all prolly about 20 people ended up cruzing by throughout the afternoon. Lots of stuff got grilled, lots of great food was consumed, and best of all: lots of beer got pounded. I love the summertime� I love backyard BBQ�s� It was a pretty fun day.

Monday: Woke up quick, at about noon, jus� though I had to be in Compton soon� haha Ok, so maybe I didn�t get up that late or think that I was in Compton� but I did wake up at about 10, and had one of the best breakfasts ever (thanks Trista), and then I went down to join the country club at the lake� so that has to count for something right? So, yes, I am now official, I am a member at a country club� A member at a lake country club none the less!!! This summer is going to rule. I can�t f�n wait. The lake is only open on the weekends for the next couple of weeks, but once school is out it is open everyday and I plan on being there a ton!!! Late summer eve�s on the lake� dude, this is going to be like the summer kids always dream about!!! yes, things are definitely on the up and up for me right now. After it cooled off a bit I drove up to third ave. to pick up Stew dog and then we went down to Greer to go get our shred on. It was a fun session� Greer sessions always are� Didn�t fall, skated hard, had a great time� Headed back up to the RWC and BBQ�d some cheese dogs again. It was a good day, I didn�t even have to use my A-K.
--Capn� Summertime S.S. Livininthacity

No comments: