May 21, 2003

The Last Weekend in review:

Friday: I went to a Mexican restaurant in down town San Carlos called Cinco de Mayo�s With the 568 crew. The restaurant was pretty cool inside and it even had a live Mariachi band. The band was great and the restaurant served some pretty good traditional style Mexican food, tho it took almost two hours to get our meal. The best part of the night was getting faded off of 2 pitchers of margaritas. It was a lot of fun� made me think of late summer days back in SB. Good times for sure.

Saturday: Didn�t really do anything very exciting� I drove down to Skateworks and bought 2 things: a new truck for my board and a new skate flick for my brain. Later I watched Sactown lose game 7 to the f�n Mav�s� that sucked. I was pretty pissed off about it. To settle down Capn�s Damian, Geoff and I played a bunch of crazy intense ping pong games. That was fun. Then I just melted into the couch like an ice cube on a hot summer day for the rest of the night and watched a bunch of stupid TV shows that definitely decreased my I.Q.

Sunday: Woke up super early, played ball with the dog, did some laundry. At about 9 ish I decided to go skate. By far the best decision I had made all week. Went to the Redwood City Park for a while and it was actually pretty fun because there was no one there to run into me. After I skated RWC for a bit, it was off to Taco Bell and then back home to watch some hoops. After the game I headed down to Mt. View to enjoy the sunny afternoon and skate some more. I broke myself a few times but it was still pretty fun, Luckily I didn�t fall on any of my older injuries. There were some really weird kids there who asked some pretty weird questions about things I knew nothing about� I normally like talking to kids but when they ask me if I can do tricks from Tony Hawk Pro skater I get annoyed� I was surprised they didn�t ask me if I could do a one footed grind on the fence that goes all the way around the park. This one kid was super annoying, he didn�t even have a skateboard with him� he was just running around the park doing some kind of crazy freestyle walking �tricks� and making a lot of noise. I think he was on drugs or something. He kept following me around and asking really dumb questions about Tony Hawk Pro Skater I finally told him to leave me alone� I sorta felt bad about that� There was this other kid there who asked me if I was a pro� I had to laugh because I pretty much suck at skateboarding. I should have told him that I rode for some silly made up company but I didn�t. I just told him no. His question made me smile though, kids can be so naive sometimes, I like that� Sometimes I wish I was still that naive.

The floor at the Mt. View park is super dirty, I don�t like falling on it. I fell on it more then a few times on Sunday. It is also really hot because it is pitch black asphalt. Another thing that sucks there is that the ramps will burn you if you fall on them because they are metal. I still like skating there even though it pretty much sucks as far as most parks go. I have fun there, and the kids ask silly questions. After a pretty good session in Mt. View I unintentionally took part in Greer�s Sunday BMX bike fest. I have always said that a day of skating isn�t complete without a trip to Greer� unfortunately for me, there was only one skater (me) and over 15 BMXers at the park on Sunday� The Bikers were dropping in all over the place 5 or 6 at a time. It was kinna like watching a swarm of bees defending their hive. I felt like a crazy kid trying to run through the mess waving a stick at all the bees trying to fend for my life. Lucky for me I can go really fast� I think that the bikers got scared whenever I dropped in because they were not sure whether or not I would run into them at violently fast speeds� I guess sometimes it pays to be out of control and fast. : ) I had fun hogging the park while they sat around in the heat waiting for me to run out of speed and breath. Final score: Bikes = 0 Capn� of the Boat = 10. 3 parks in one day....it doesn't get any better. Spent the eve chillin like a couch potato. It was a great weekend.
--Capn� Skateboarding S.S. Isfun

No comments: