May 15, 2003

I have been acting kinna weird all week� I don� t feel at all like myself� I sorta feel like big huge hairy drooling grumpy monster with fangs and big green eyes, minus the big huge hairy drooling monster part I guess� oh, and minus the fangs and green eyes too�hm� maybe I am just grumpy? I think a large part of this awkward feeling comes from the fact that I haven�t skated all week because I am still pretty worked from all the brutal falls I took last week when Dylan the Destroyer was in town. I haven�t been in so much pain and had so many cuts since that stupid downhill incident in San Diego back in �97� I guess the positive side to all the crashes last week is that I think I am all paid up on my dues so I shouldn�t have to fall for at least a few months now. Since I can�t skate right now, all I have been doing the last couple days is watching hoops and laying around eating snacks and drinking beer. This whole 40 days and 40 nights of B-ball is starting to drive me insane. At this point, Playoff Basketball has become an addictive substance�. Sorta like crack cocaine for a junkie. I can�t say no�I need to get my fix� and I twitch and freak out about stuff if I don�t watch or read about it at least once a day� I have even started to have some pretty crazy dreams about hoops these last couple of nights� Last night I dreamt that I was in the NBA playoffs playing for New Jersey against the Celtics. I was throwing dunks like they were going out of style: One handed, two handed, 360 behind the back�breakin� the rim off the board kinna dunks� you name it, I was throwing it down� And then, I got traded mid game from NJ to the Celtics and ended up dunking over K-mart for the win� it was a pretty weird dream. Especially since I don�t like the Celtics� A few nights before that I had a super crazy dream that I won some wacky contest on Wild 107.7 where the prize was that I got to play with the Warriors at their next home game. It then turned out that one of the playoff teams got disqualified, so the Warriors go to go to the playoffs because they were the next team in the standings to qualify. So that meant that I got to play in the playoffs for them. I was throwing it down just like J-Rich and we made it all the way to the Western Conference finals... It was rad. Crazy NBA dreams rule.
--Capn� Ptown S.S. Shouldhavetakendallasout

No comments: