March 20, 2003

I don�t like talking about the whole war topic much. My feelings on this subject are pretty complicated. When I really start to think about things I realize that I REALLY don�t know how I feel about all this war business� I have been torn for some time now on what stance I feel is appropriate� When I look at it one way I feel that this war is just another way for greedy power hungry blood thirsty bastards to get more money and more power. And on the other hand I see it as a necessary action to abolish an immoral, insane, and unethical tyrant. I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place on this one. A big part of it is because I have no faith in Dubbaya�s leadership ability. I am not a big fan to say the least. But at the same time I don�t trust any other politicians either� So who is to say if he is more or less evil then any other who could be wearing his shoes? The only thing I do know is that I support our troops; they have no choice in the matter and are there to give their lives for us. That is a huge sacrifice. There are Americans over there right now who are willing to risk their lives for people that they have never even met, and probably never will meet either. I have to support them and honor them even if I am not in favor of a war with Iraq. I just hope Dubbaya really went as far as he could with the peace process. Why can�t we all just get along? Or maybe I should fall back to the old phrase: build boards not bombs? Life would be so much better if everyone just went to the skate park every day after work and watched hoops at night. And that�s a Fact.
--Capn� Wakeme S.S. Whenitsover

No comments: