February 03, 2003

Weekend in review.
One word can sum up this weekend: Skateboarding. Oh, maybe two, Skateboarding and Fun!

Friday: Got out of work and got some food, then headed over to Vans where I managed to wreck myself on my first run on the half pipe... the ole hang up on tha lazy back side 50/50 will get ya every time.. arrr.... that sucked... from there it got progressively worse until I started messing around doing silly no comply tricks. About an hour into the session I finally was getting my grove down.... the rest of the session was rad. By the end of the session I was worked and it was time to go home, shower up, watch some T.V., play with Grace, drink a PBR, and crash out.

Saturday Woke up early and set up my record player and stereo. Cranked some Neil Diamond and did some work cleaning up the house for a bit. Played fetch with Grace for a bit and then headed out to work. Worked for a few hours and then went to catch a movie. I saw Confessions of a Dangerous Mind which to say the least was kinna crazy. It was a good movie for the most part... the cinematography was awesome.. but the movie kinna left me feeling sorta weird... it was good...but kinna disturbing sorta... hm.. I dunno... it was worth seeing but kinna weird. Anyway, after that went to Chilies for some grub and then headed down to the studio to rock out for a bit.

After jamming for a bit I went and met up with one of my dogs from back in the day Capn' Karim tha killa. That dude rocks. Karim is one of my best friends from SB. He was the first dude I met skateboarding down there. We were both berry block locs..... I went and saw him get married a few months ago... man... that was crazy... but anyway, Karim is a rad dude, and I am lucky he is one of my dogs. Karim works for a company called Vector... or something like that... (basically it is Cutco) He makes a lot of money, believe it or not, selling high end knives. Anyway, Vector does these award/training programs a few times a year and this one was in San Jose so he came up for it. After the speakers were done he invited me to come up for the after party at the Double Tree. Man, talk about fun..... They had Sumo Suit wrestling, Jousting, dancing, and a bucking bronco surfboard thing... it was great..... I haven't laughed so hard in days. There were also tons of ridiculous looking hot girls there.... *slobber*. haha It was super fun hanging out with Karim and his friends, it was a really fun night. I ended up chillin in the lobby talking about the old days till almost 3 in the morning. Good times... good memories... good night.

Sunday Sunday was like a page out of the Arizona skate fest diary. I skated all day with my dog Karim. We hit 4 parks in one day including a 2 hour session at the Vans skate park in Milpitas... talk about a long day of riding and shred-dog sessioning... man it was great. I hadn't skated with Karim in a long time, that dude is super fun to ride with... He's a lot like Dylan tha Destroyer. Super good, super motivational, super fun to skate with. That dude rocks it. It was a great day or riding. After the shred fest I was broken and tired. I cruzed up to the house and met Damian, Ben, and Geoff at the good ole Canyon Inn... man that place makes the best burgers in the whole entire world. After a great dinner it was back to the house for some video games, ping pong, and a super long shower. Sunday was a good day, I didn't even have to use my A-K.... haha word.
--Capn' Representin S.S. Forthaberryblocksinzerozerotre

No comments: