January 28, 2003

So the weekend in review:
Friday Night: Well, what can I say about Friday... lots of friends... lots of drinking... karaoke.... drunken insanity... etc etc.... We started off the night at Puddlies, a really cool burger joint with a great jukebox near. I had a huge guacamole cheese burger there and an really huge beer as well, this thing must have been at least 22oz. The best part of dinner was the fact that Puddlies has those huge fat-fries... yes! I love those things.... reminds me of I.V.B.C..... man I miss that place... Anyway, dinner was great and I had a great time there. A bunch of my dogs came out from the Scurvy O.G. SB crews: Capn's Shap dog, Neb, LaLa, Amber, and Davis. It was really good to see all of them, I don't hang out with those fools enough. My homie Capn' Shorty of tha Michaels sea side was there too, which was a huge suprise, I didn't think she would make it out. Capn' Wayne "Rockstar" Yong was there too, that guy is rad, I am stoked that he came out, he is a brave man to endure my crazy pirate friends. The regular thugs were all out in style as well, including: Capn' Geoff "Inverted" Hanz, Capn' Quinn "Never met a beer I didn't like" Walker, Capn' John "I'll dump my beer on your head" Boniface, Audrey "the killer, Capn' Damian "The Destroyer", Mike "the Murderer", Trista "the Blood thirsty", Amanda and Jamie the terrible two-some, and a host of others. It was a huge night out. After dinner we went to The Carlos Club, a karaoke bar just off of El Camino in San Carlos. This is where a mellow night turned into an all star rock fest! I won't get into to much detail on the night but let's just say it was crazy. We drank a lot, and sang a lot, and had a great time. Mike and I started it off singing the Ramones "I wanna be Sedated", which totally rocked. Mike actually over heard someone telling his friend that more people should rock out like we did... haha it was rad. Mike had this blow-up pink guitar and he was wailing on it... hahaha we were punk rock... it was great. The next song on my set list was "Ghost Busters". I sang it with Quinn and Mike.... it was awesome. I was pretty drunk by that point in the night. The last song we did was "Sweet Home Alabama" which was a crowd favorite and which went over really well. I think everyone in the bar was singing the words by the end of the song... it was awesome. On stage it was Mike, JB, Wayne, Q-dog, and myself... most of us were singing into our beer bottles and half empty 7 and 7 glasses louder then the people who were singing into the microphone... it was rad. Some other all star performances included Audrey�s rendition of "5000 miles", Damian and Crew'z version of "Highway to the Danger Zone", Damian and Crew'z version of Def Leppard�s hit "Pour some sugar on me", and Damian and Jamie's incredible version of Young M.C.'s "Bust a Move". For the record, Capn' Damian rules. He went all out that night. Truly a good brotha. Anyway... lots of great songs where sung poorly, lots of beer was consumed, and a lot of fun was had by all. One of the highlights of the evening was when Mike asked people to poar beer on his head... great stuff.... hahaha Anyway, after a quick cab ride up to the house, the chaos continued for a few minutes while Capn' Walker Jumped into the bushes in the front yard and kicked a bolder off the planter that then rolled down the hill and hit Capn' Damian in the shin. Somewhere within the ten minutes we were outside, Captain Damian threw up twice, Capn' Walker threw up once and fell into a mud puddle, and I announced that we had better get inside before the badgers got us.... don't ask. So the motley crew crawled into the house and passed out. The Quote of the night actually doesn't go to me for my "badger" comment, but actually goes to Capn' Damian who replied to his girlfriend who asked if he was going to turn off the closet light by saying: "This isn't about you, this is about MY SURVIVAL!!! Deal!!!" and then passed out. hahahaha oh man.... what a crazy night.... good friends good times.... and a little older and wiser...

Body count:

1 shot Tequila
1 shot Southern Comfort
4 shots of Peppermint Schnapps
1 shot of Jagermeister
4 Seven and Sevens (3 of which were refilled with beer half way through consumption, don't ask)
3 bottles of bud
1 Anchor Steam
3 Karaoke songs
3 pukers (not me, yea!)

Saturday and Sunday: On Saturday I didn't do much besides play video games and watch basket ball on t.v. It wasn't because I was all that hung over, it just kinna worked out to be a lazy day... I needed one of those... I haven't had a lazy day in months.... At around 8ish I went to the Canyon Inn with some friends to eat yet another super good burger.... yum. Went home and played ping pong and more video games. It was a good day. Sunday was more of the same.... chillin, eating pizza, playing video games, relaxing, hanging out with Grace (tha dog, she rules). Not very eventfull, but still pretty fun. The weekend was awesome. I had a great one. Props to my homies for keepin' it real. Things just keep getting better.... life is good.

--Capn' Gettin S.S. Oldyo

No comments: