January 22, 2003

Growing older is not upsetting; being perceived as old is.
-- Kenny Rogers

I get old again tomorrow... wow... 26.... I still feel 12 tho... I liked being 21 because then the inverse of my age equaled the age I felt = 12. Now the inverse of my age is going to be 62, and while sometimes I do feel like a broken down 62 year old man, for the most part I find that age relationship disturbing. I was talking to my best friend Capn' Mike the other day and we realized that I have been skating since 1984.... damn. I have been riding the ole plank for almost 20 years.... that is crazy.... 1984... shit, seems like just yesterday I was cruzing down the street on my Nash Skate or Die board.... where has the time gone... well, I'll tell you, almost twenty years of good times and fun sessions that's where.... 20 years of hanging out at skate spots drinking sodas and Snapple, eating apple pies, and taking road trips. 20 years of destroying ledges, curbs, boards, and bodies. 20 years of rockin out and getting hesh. 20 years of laughter and smiles. So tomorrow I turn 26... Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing.
--El Capitan

No comments: