December 16, 2002

The Weekend In Review....

Well... This weekend was pretty crazy. Guess I'll start with the start and go from there....

FRIDAY Friday was good, I chilled at work and didn't do much besides surf the web and talk on IM. It was a nice break from a busy couple of months. Friday night rolled around and it was time to get punk. I went to a "Skate Rock Battle" between The Cliftons and Los Olvidados at Plant 51 in San Jose. The bands were awesome.... fast, loud, and punk as fuck. The Cliftons stole the show... but then how could any band compete with a drunken Santa who not only screamed obscenities, but also got naked and "rocked out with his cock out", and also threw up all over himself and the floor in front of the stage and then proceeded to roll in it, and then kept singing... I don't know if it gets any more punk rock then that. Puking all over yourself is definitely a sure way to win a "Skate Rock Battle".... that dude earned a life time supply of punk rock points... Now don't get me wrong, seeing a dude get naked and puke all over himself while wearing a Santa suit isn't my idea of a good show... in fact, it was pretty fucked up... but damn... if it wasn't the most punk rock thing I have ever seen.... The Cliftons put new meaning to the words "Punk as Fuck". And don't get me wrong on this either, they seriously rocked.... one of the best bands I have seen locally... If the lead singer hadn't puked all over himself... and the stage.... and the floor in front of the stage.... I would rate them as one of the "must see bands" in the Bay Area... but then... wait, I guess I would still rate them as one of those, because good lord they were f'n punk!!! Great show, great music, good times. Check out the Clifton's if you ever want to see what real punk rock is all about.

SATURDAY I spent most of the day on Saturday Christmas shopping with one of my best friends Michelle (aka Shorty). It was super fun. That girl cracks me up. I don't think we agree on anything except for the fact that we've been friends for almost 6 years and that if both of us are still single when she turns 30 that we are going to get married. Other then that we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. She's a good, good friend, one of those that would do anything to help you if she could. After a hard days shopping, we went out to eat at a place called Palo Alto Sol. Good Mexican food if you are ever in the area. Tho, I remember the food being a bit better the first time I went there... any way, the chips and salsa were off the hook!!... yum. I dropped her off at around 8 and then it was time for me to get ready for the "Naughty or Nice" Christmas party at Geoff's flight instructors house.... this is where everything went down hill... or maybe not depending on how you look at things.

So we get to the party, Geoff is dressed up as a school girl, Capn' John is a priest, Jamie, Amanda and Audrey are all naughty girls, and I am an Angel. Geoff's instructor sure knows how to throw a party... damn I got destroyed. They had this kitchen that they would lock you in and "force" you to choose a bottle of hard alcohol to drink from until they deemed you worthy of leaving.... funny thing that room, I sorta just ended up hanging out in there for like 2 hours..... oh man... it was not a pretty sight. I drank more then 6 shots of Goldshloger? (don't know how to spell it or care for that matter cuz I will never drink that shit again) Shots of JD, shots of So-co, shots of Peppermint Schnaaps? (don't care how to spell this either even tho it tastes good) shots of RED RUM??!!! whatever the hell that stuff is... shots of this crap that tasted like green apple jolly ranchers... I think it was called Apple Pucker or something.... shots of Stolie Vanilla.... and god knows what else... to top it all off I had somewhere in the vicinity of 5 beers..... So if you couldn't tell by now... I got really, really, really, really, drunk. Not only that but I became a dancing machine.... I was all over the place... and all over my friend Jamie... thank goodness she is such a good friend, and has such a good sense of humor, and is such a good dancer... haha it was fun. I was really gettin jiggy with it... none of my friends could even believe it was me on the dance floor... hahaha good times for sure. After I got my groove on for a while I ended up taking a bit of a walk outside to try to "sober up" I guess.... don't think it helped much.... I tried twice to throw up in honor of Capn' John's Birthday... I wasn't successful either time... I even went so far as to stick my finger in my mouth and tried to "touch my tonsils" as JB would put it... I ended up wrestling with a large branch in the middle of the street and apparently I also picked a fight with a large bush, a tree, and also a cactus.... apparently I won every battle.... Though Geoff seems to think that the large branch had me on the ropes and would have taken me out had I not resorted to pulling it's limbs off..... Somewhere along the way Capn' John saved me from getting arrested by one of the Palo Alto police departments finest and also got me safely into Audrey�s car despite my strong willingness to walk home.... Apparently I was so drunk that I thought I was in Mt. View... oh man... I owe my friends a lot for putting up with my insanely silly behavior that night. I think I will be on sober patrol for the next couple of weeks... Luckily for me none of my friends got pissed... I guess I was acting too silly for them to really get pissed... thanks guys... you rule...

SUNDAY: Oi, Sunday came way too early.... I had to get up and put a suit on and then drive with my Mom and Step-Dad up to Concord to pick up my Grandma so that we could go see the SF Symphony. I had to concentrate really hard on not throwing up the whole way there. We had breakfast at this kinna cool place called Citizen Cake. It was good, and I was able to keep it down. I can't believe I didn't get sick at all after drinking so much... ugh... it prolly would have been better if I had. The Symphony was awesome and I had a great time. I love Christmas songs. After I got back to good ole Mt. View, it was time to change, and get some food, and then head up to San Carlos for some heated battles of Ping Pong. It was fun. I am getting better. Word.

So that about sums up the weekend... man, talk about an all star punk rock weekend... wow... thank goodness every weekend isn't that crazy! hahaha good times as always.. great weekend as usual....

No comments: