December 23, 2002

This weekend was fun.

Saturday I went skating at the ole Mt. View park with Capn' Pete. That dude is fun to skate with. The Mini had a ton of water on both sides of it which made skating it kind of like skating on an island. My board went into the water a couple times...that kinna sucked. but it was still a lot of fun. After the ramp sesh I did some Christmas shopping and then cruzed up to Capn' Mikes to play some pong and get some food. We went to Safeway and I got a fatty huge super tasty sandwich. After we ate we played some seriously intense games of pong, most of which went into overtime 22+ point games... it was fun. Saturday night we went up to the City to see a show at The Bottom of the Hill. Some band from OC opened the show... they were good, but a bit too popish for my taste. The drummer was really good tho, so that was pretty entertaining. The second band: The Nubs was awesome... super funny, super good show. I bought their CD, they rocked. The last band that played was Pully... man they are awesome... super fast... yet melodic at the same time... good shit. Good show. It was fun.

Sunday Sunday was all about getting hesh. After a great breakfast with my Mom and Step Dad it was off to Greer to go ride with Capn' Stew. It was super fun, even tho I skated really poorly. There were some really good BMX riders there... and even tho I don't really like riding with bikes, it was fun to watch them. Damn... they were good. After Greer it was off to IN'n'Out to get a 3x3 animal style and a coke. Then Capn' Geoff came over and we took our BMX bikes up to Stanford to wreck some shit. I had a great time, I hadn't gone BMXing in a long time. I was surprised that I was able to ride as well as I was. Riding around Stanford is always fun. There were some really super cool unlocked bikes around that I really wanted to steal, but I refrained and let them be. Tho I must say I was super tempted... hahaha Just like two summers ago back in SB eh?? haha good times... anyway, Geoff and I had a super fun sesh and that was cool. Went home and watched the Warriors get destroyed by the Kings... ugh... it was a sad sad sad sight... man they sucked. Then I went down to the studio to jam with Ben, Mike, and Kevin's brother Chris. It was super fun. I haven't played that hard in a while.... by the end of the night my arms hurt and I couldn't even keep a beat anymore... a sign of a good jam session to say the least. Went home and watched The Legend with Jet Li... it was sick... great f'n movie... I am gonna have to buy that one...

So again...as always... it was a great weekend... keep on rockin...
--Capn' Aintnuthin S.S. Gonabringmedown

No comments: