November 12, 2002

I skated Vans last night again with Dylan. It was pretty fun. I mostly skated the mini-ramp... well hmmm....I dunno, do you really call a 6' halfpipe with 7' extensions a mini-ramp? I guess it is "mini" compared to a 12' vert ramp... but I dunno... it ain't no mini-ramp in my mind.... Anyway... whatever... what am I even talking about again? oh yea, skating mini-ramp with Dylan... that was fun. Dylan is insane. He kills ramp. The mini at Vans is really good... Perfect tranny..... tho it is super fast and kinna slick too.... fast is good, fast and slick is kinna wacky... makes me scared... but really fun at the same time. Living on the edge is good sometimes. I like going fast. I am getting better at skating that place again, I need to skate there more. It sucks skating there by myself tho. but the ramp is good, it is my friend, so when I skate it I feel like someone else is there cheering for me.... that may sound kinna wacky... but if you skated you would understand... local spots are like friends... they are like home... they feel good and are good to you. they get pissed at you when you don't skate them tho... and then they make you fall... it's like not hanging out with friends.. that is not cool and makes your friends sad... spots feel that too. They miss you when you are gone... or maybe it is just you miss them when you are gone... but either way you are both happy when you come back. Local for life yo..... or was that loco for life? Speaking of Loco's there were a lot of loco fools there last night. This one crazy dude set his board on the coping to drop in while I was skating.... it was scary, I was gonna do a super highspeed tailslide on the coping right where he was standing with his board... instead, I had to take evasive action in the green room and got tubed by his board. Then I almost ran into Dylan. It was like surfing at Pipeline with crazy Dylan sharks swiming in the water... I don't think that makes any sense... I wish I had video footage of it so I could add it for you to see... then it would make sense... oh well... let's just say I barely escaped death and a lot of pain. Crazy fool. On another tailslide trip into the land of stupidity I almost destroyed this fruit-booter who was hanging his skates over the edge of the coping.... If I had tried to bail out I would have killed him and me....so I decided fuck it, and just did my super highspeed tailslide through his boots.... I almost killed him and scared the hell out of the other booters that were being dumb on the ramp, but I survived which was good.... I felt kinna bad about doing a shred dog move like that right through the dude.... but it was his fault for being a crack head. You should never, ever, ever, EVER, stand near the coping when some one is shred doggin on the mini...... it is poor ramp manners. Not only that but it is stupid. People get killed that way. Well maybe not killed... but lots of mean words exchange hands and people get really angry. I know some skaters that would have killed that dude for being so unsmart. I dunno... I still feel kinna bad about it cuz I am not really a jerk when I skate... but that dude asked for it... and there really was nothing else I could do except kill myself trying to avoid his mistake.... and that just wasn't an option. There were more crazy fools there but I am tired of typing and they are pissing me off so I am not gonna write anymore.
--Capn' Jibba S.S. Jabba

No comments: