October 29, 2002

Yar... so I haven't been bloggin much again... things have been super busy at work... no time for silly raindeer games.... yar... tis a pitty... so much has been going on that I have wanted to blog about but haven't had any time fer it.... yar... I am worn out right now... things have been going non-stop for the last couple of weeks... which is a good thing in some respects... but a bad in other... cuz right about now I am feelin the hurt and burn from not getting enough rest and from spending all my time on the run...

Anyway... a quick recap of the ole weekend....and a quote to sum it up sorta:

Runnin' just to find the gun that started the clock.
That's when the E jumped off the startin' block.
A 100 Miles from home and ,yo, it's a long stretch.
A little sprintin' mutherfucker that they won't catch.
Yeah, back to Compton again.
Yo, it's either that or the Federal pen.
'Cause niggas been runnin' since beginning of time.
Takin' a minute to tell you what's on my mutherfuckin' mind.
Runnin' like I just don't care.
Compton's 50 miles but , yo, I'mma get there.
Archin' my back and on a straight rough.
Just like Carl Lewis I'm ballin' the fuck out.
From city to city I'm a menace as I pass by.
Rippin' up shit just so you can remember I'm
A straight up nigga that's done in, gunnin' and comin'
Straight at yo ass.
A 100 Miles and Runnin'...

Yea... so maybe I wasn't runnin from the man all weekend... but
damn... I shure felt like I was.............

FRIDAY...
Got to work super early... then left work early so I could drive to SB. Hit some traffic... but all in all it wasn't too bad of a drive. Went by campus to use the computers to plot the second half of my journey: to Big Bear. It was weird being at school.... kinna cool.. but I didn't feel like I should be there... anyway... it was rad to see I still had ups on the back desks.... hahaha After I got my directions from Map Quest I went downtown to meet up with some old friends from back in tha day at the ole houses.... It was a ton of fun. Got to see Chris, Joel, Rob, and Rick. Went to pizza with Chris, Joel, and Rob. I think the server had the hots for one of us, prolly Chris, because she gave us a discount on the pizza and three free pitchers.... it was rad. Hook ups are good... Went back to Ricks place and played some James Bond dub o seven... capped hella fools.... it was nice to know my skills still were there... I was unfadeable... hahahaha Went to bed and didn't sleep very well.... woke up every hour on the hour cuz I was so worried that my alarm wouldn't wake me up.... it sucked.

Saturday...
Got up at 6 am... Saturday was a big day... had to drive to Big Bear to see one of my best friends Karim get married... really important that I made it up early... so 4 1/2 hours and about 6 wrong turns later I made it to Big Bear.... should have only taken me about 3 or so hours.... fuck map quest... I am gonna plan out all my trips with a real map from now on... stupid program told me to take roads that didn't even exist.... I am glad I had looked at a real map before the trip because otherwise I would have missed the last exit to get to Big Bear and would have probably kept on driving up the10 or the 30 or whatever the hell road I was on till I ended up really lost out in the middle of nowhere..... I ended up taking the 18 into Big Bear... it was an interesting drive... there were some really run down areas that would have been rad for pictures... I didn't stop tho... for multiple reasons... but mainly because I wanted to live to make it to Karim's wedding.... it was a long morning and a really long drive.... yar... but anyway, Even with all the wrong turns I still made it up to Big Bear super early.... and that was rad because I was able to hang out with Karim for a few hours before the wedding. Got to help pick up the wedding cake, helped him set up the tables etc... it was cool to be there and be able to help out. It was just rad to see Karim so stoked.... Karim is the man. I wanna be like him some day.... that dude rules it big time.... Anyway.. the wedding was awesome and I had a great time hanging out with Karim and Dana's friends... lots of funny people there... and they were all super nice. It was so awesome to see Karim and Dana so happy! They are the best.... Like I said: someday I want to be like him... er... them.... Karim and Dana are the kinna people that inspire you to give your all and then some, they are the kinna people that always see the good when bad things happen, they are the kinna peole that are always there for you to make you laugh when you are bummin out on stupid shit.... and they also really know how to have a good time. They enjoy life and enjoy each other... they rule! Anyway... enough about that, the point is I had a great time and it was really fun.

I also got to see one of my old school homies from back in the day at the weding: Art Rowser aka A.Rowser aka Arty the one man party aka Art the Fart.... etc etc.... anyway, I hadn't seen Art since back in the day at Sabado... it was good to see him and catch up. I miss the ole crew... good times back then. Art rules... such a funny dude. It was great to see him and talk about all the ole times back on Sabado.... "chode sniffs" haha old jokes never die....

Went to bed early on Saturday.... Got a random call from Genny which was super cool... talked to her for a little bit and then crashed out... It had been a long weekend and it was only Saturday night.... It was kinna fun having this huge room all to myself.... tho... it would have been 1000000 times better had I been sharing it with a fine maiden... oh well... some time in the future hopefully.....haha Anyway... the room was nice and I slept really good.

Sunday: Sunday is supposed to be my fun day... well my Sunday consisted of over 8 hours of driving... woke up super early... walked out into the crisp morning and admired the view of Big Bear Lake.... chilled outside for a few min. and watched some extrodinarily friendly ducks waddle around. Took a few pictures with my old medium format camera.... walked around on the beach for a few min... then went back to my room, took a shower, packed up my suit, packed my clothes... and then it was check out time. It was about 7:30 at this point. Hit the road and threw in some Faith No More... Good driving music... it was a nice drive down the mountain... the sun was shining.. the air was clean... it was awesome. Then it was off to the ole number 5. I hate that road... but whatever.. it is fast and easy to drive. I did a lot of soul searching on the drive and time went by quickly. Stopped at the Grapevine and some other place along the way... nothing worth talking about. It was a pretty fun drive considering how boring the 5 is.... anyway... made it back to the Bay Area in time to go skate with Mike for a little while, which was super fun, and then drove up to Damian's house to hang out and watch the Giants loose the world series... erf... that kinna sucked... but it was fun hanging out with Damian and crew... anyway... round trip I drove over 1200 miles in three days.... it was quite a weekend... one for the recored books and one that I will be stoked on for years to come.... good times amigos... good times.... I love road trips.... I gotta take more of them....
--Capn' Road S.S. Warrior

No comments: