September 19, 2002

Last night was rad. I skated Greer for a bit after work which is always good, and then I took a trip up to the ole SFC to go to a show at the Bottom of the Hill. Capn't John "the Rockstar" came with me. The show consisted of two bands and a video premier. The video was about a skateboarding road trip in Europe.... it was pretty rad... some of the music was a little to jank at points... but the video was well done none the less, and the good songs that were included made up for the couple of bad ones. There was some insane skateboarding in it as well as a good mix of f-in' around. All in all a pretty sick vid, props to the guys that made it! After the video came the music.

I don't know if I can properly describe the first band... Hesh as fuck comes to mind... but at the same time more punk then Suicidal was back in the day... I dunno.. all I do know is they didn't have a bass player and they didn't have any T-shirs or CD's for sale. But if they had, I would have purchaced both... So what did they have? and who were they you ask? None other then Johnny and the dudes, and they had a super fast drummer, a heshin' god as a guitarist, and the most awesome singer ever. This guy had a beer belly the size of a keg, a Motorhead tattoo on his right arm, and a Budweiser eagle tattoo across his entire chest a crazy mesh hat and oakly blades.... hard f'n core... they were sooooo awesome. Funny as hell too. Half of their songs were about being a "Dude". I was laughing my ass off..... here are a few of the titles of their songs: Dude for life, Bringin' it back (a song about making it cool to be a Dude again), I'm not gay, New Dude, Whipped Dude, Fake Dudes, and on of my personal favorites: A tribute to Budweiser. Did I mention these guys rocked? One of the most awesome bands I have seen as far as entertainment value goes... soooo rad....

The second band that played was Clay Wheels, a San Jose skaterock band. They were f'n awesome too. Great music, awesome sound, lots of energy.... clean style... they were awesome. The bass player is also the bassist for the Faction, which is one of my all time favorite bands. It was the first time I had seen Clay Wheels but I hope it won't be my last! They were awesome. I bought one of thier CD's and would have purchaced a shirt but they didn't have any in my size... oh well... next time I hope.... It is soo fun finding new music that is good. I am really glad that I went up to see tha show... well worth the almost nonexistant sum of money I spent to get in the door (6$). Rock and roll forever!
--Capn't Crankit S.S. Up!

No comments: