September 18, 2002

As this summer is coming to an end I realized that I have been here for a year now... working, not blogging.. wow... I started thinking about what I have accomplished this year... hm... at first I was thinking and not really coming up with much and I began to feel a bit depressed... not a lot a lot of things have changed in my life. I am still single, I am still living at home, I am still working as a temp, I'm still asking questions about the past, still sorta living one day at a time, still tryin to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life...... But then I thought about it some more and realized I have come a long way in a year. Maybe not quite as far as I would have liked... but I have definately come a long way. I got to thinking about everything and I realized I really have done quite a bit this last year.

Musically, I Went to well over 40 shows, I saw Motorhead play three different times, I saw The Sermon play over 7 times, I saw the Reverand play twice, saw the Faction play twice.... shit.. I even saw Deadbolt play this year.... On a personal musical note Mike and I finally got into a studio. We have finished 13 of our own original songs and have 5 in the works. We bought a PA system and two really good micraphones. I bought the drum set of my dreams.... and my chops have gotten really solid. I have never played so much music in my entire life... which is a great thing.

This year I have skated at 8 different skateparks, and I have skated more street spots then I ever have in my entire life... In fact, I probably have skated on more days in this last year then I have ever skated any previous two years combined. I haven't learned as many tricks on ramp since the days of the Sueno Ramp. I finally learned how to skate at Greer and I finally learned how to flow on tranny. This year has been an all time great for me when it comes to riding the ole plank.... I have never enjoyed myself more.

I went up to Spokane three times this year, went to Santa Barbara twice and Ventura once. Road tripped out to Santa Rosa and out to Ripon three times. Drove up to Chico and back in one day for a show.... went up to the City a bunch of times... I went snowboarding three times up at Bear, and once up at Tahoe. Went to Santa Cruz twice and Half Moon Bay once. I took a lot of great trips with some great friends this year... lots and lots of fun.

I took 3 photo classes at Foothill College and I enrolled for another one that starts next week. I purchaced a twin lense reflex medum format camera, learned a ton about composition and lighting techniques. Learned how to develop and print my own film. Learned how to use a hand held light meter... and learned how to take better pictures in general. My skills in photography have grown in leaps and bounds this year...

I became a proud local at the ole Nut House, started bowling again and joined two leagues with the Muther Truckers at Palo Alto Bowl. Thanks to Geoff and Mike I started riding my BMX again, and thanks to John, Damian, and Geoff, I started riding a road bike and this winter I will be riding in cyclocross races. I purchaced the Surly and now I am super stoked to go ride. I finally got my official notice of graduation from UCSB, I went paintballing, met a bunch of new people from tons of different areas, and basically had a ton of fun.
Which is what really matters when you get righ down to it right?

And on top of all that I managed to work my ass off..... setting a new PR of 25 days in a row without a single day off... hardly a week has gone by where I didn't work over 40 hours.

My comment today about having a great sandwhich and life being good was no joke.... Let the good times roll baby... let the good times roll....
--Capn' Goodtimes S.S. Rockinanrollin'

No comments: