August 14, 2002

Yar... Last night I went on the hardest bike ride I have ever been on. It felt great. I went out with Capn's Geoff and Damian. They are really good. I was kinna worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them, but I think I managed to do pretty well. The ride had three, count em 1, 2, 3... pretty good climbs, one climb, the last one was almost two miles long.... It was hard. Towards the end of the last climb I thought my legs were going to not only explode, but also completely fail to turn the pedals over any longer. As horrible as that sounds, it was actually kind of a good feeling.... There were a couple pretty crazy down hills as well. These down hills would have made a lesser man crap his pants. I don't think I have ever gone that fast on a bike before. It was crazy. There were a few points where I was honestly scared that my brakes were going to melt and that I was going to loose control and die. All I could think was: "Dude, don't crash right now because it would really, really, hurt a lot and probably make you dead." Now I know what people are talking about when they use the term: Scary Fast. Round trip I think the ride was about 23 miles. It was really fun. Really hard, but really fun. I could feel that old drive coming to life again. I haven't felt that feeling since High school when I use to run Cross Country.... I have missed that driving sensation.... The driving force that pushes you to the point of exahustion and beyond. That drive that makes you dig down deep to find that last extra bit of energy and then some.... that drive that makes your heart pound and your adrenaline flow and your body scream. That feeling of raw power and energy... I love that feeling. I crave for that feeling. I lust for that feeling... it is nice to feel that primal driving force again.
--Capn' Ride S.S. Tillyourlegsexplode

No comments: