August 19, 2002

The weekend in review
Friday: Went to skate, skated super hard. I skated a handrail with Capn't Pete and Capn' Dave. I hadn't skated a rail in a long time. It was scary, but it felt rad at the same time. Skating handrails is pretty crazy... huge rush.... after we broke outselves off on the rail we skated a new spot and filmed some pretty good stuff... it was cool. We filmed some stuff, and I actually got 3 tricks on tape... that was cool. I haven't done much filming lately... it was cool to finally land some tricks that were worth filming.... After skating I went to Jakes to eat some pizza. Yum... it hit the spot. Nothing like Jakes after a hard day skating, that place rules. Then a little later I went to a movie... came home and chilled... it was a long boring week and I was tired. But Friday was good.

Saturday: Woke up late. Drove out to Santa Cruz to skate a really crappy park. That kinna sucked. I broke my kingpin after only skating for about 30 min. I had to walk about a mile to the skate shop to get a new one. That sucked.... there is nothing worse then skating soggy ramps and then breaking your board. They had a mini ramp there that was pretty good but I sucked on it... I don't know what my problem was. It was kinna a bummer of a skate sesh, I didn't skate well at all. When I got back to Mt. View I went down to the MV park and had a much better time. It was a good way to finish the day. After that it was off to a BBQ at Capn' Walkers. That was kinna fun. I ate a ton of food. Lots of good stuff. Had a few beers and then went home. It was a long day and I was worn out.

Sunday: Capn't Geoff flew me down to Santa Barbara. It was really fun. I had never been in one of those little planes before.... it was rad. I took three rolls of film. We stoped in Isla Vista for some food at Woodstocks.... hmmmm that place rules. I miss all the little places to eat in Isla Vista. We took a hike down to the beach and then around some of my old stomping...err skating grounds. It was cool to see that some of the stuff was still the same. I miss the crew and hanging out with friends down there. We walked through Campus on the way back to the Airport, it was cool, I have a lot of good memories there. It was kinna sad too... I went through a lot of changes down there... lots of ups and downs.... lots of crazy memories... kinna intense. It was an interesting trip. I am glad I went. I had a good time even tho it was kinna weird. After we took a bit of a hike back to the Airport we flew back up to the Bay. Flying rules. It was really really cool. Kinna scary at points but super super rad. Capn't Geoff is a good pilot. Once we got back to the Bay we went up to Damian's house for a little while. We watched some of the X -games... all I can say is damn.... those fools are crazy... I can't believe some of the things I saw thrown down... insane.... sooooooo rad... Went to get some Mexican food after that and then it was off for home again... I was tired and I went to sleep early..... got some good rest. It was a good weekend.... kinna slower then most, but definately good.
--Capn' ChillMode S.S. Lazydayz

No comments: