August 05, 2002

Saturay was fun. I finally got new running shoes, I finally got cycling shoes, and then I finally went and got a new Deck. I am now ready to get in shape and take over the world. The running shoes are kinna ugly... but nothing some paint, a little dirt, and maybe a magic marker won't fix....at least they feel good on my feet... and will give me stability while running... that is all that really matters anyways... I am really stoked on my cycling shoes... actually they are mountain bike shoes, not cycling shoes.... (I didn't get cycling shoes because I plan on racing Cyclocross this winter and you need the cleats and grip that come on mountain bike shoes for that) I spent a lot of money on Saturday... but it was money spent on things to improve myself, so that is money well spent and justified in my opinion.

After I got my bike and shoes matched up and dialed in I went to a BBQ up at Capn' Sam's house over on tha hill in Los Altos. That was fun. I love cheesedogs... haha (hmmm ... I think I need to work on my diet a bit...) Anyway, drank a few beers, listened to some good music, and enjoyed an evening out under the stars. I love BBQ's. After the BBQ we watched "planes trains and automobiles" and then I went down to the studio to play some music with Capn' Mike and one of his old co-workers who's name has escaped me... We played some serious metal... super, super, hesh... it was funny. Some people opened the door and stuck their hands in while giving the horns... hahaha nothing like getting props for your metal steelo... hahaha it was pretty rad. Playin' down at the studio rules. I love that place.

On Sunday I took my Mom and John out to breakfast. They left today for a trip to Germany. They rule. When I get older, I want to be just like them. After a great breakfast at Hobies I went and skated Greer for a while on my new board. New boards feel sooo good... one of the best feelings ever. After I skated around for a while at Greer it was off to tha studio again to Jam with Capn' Waynes crew. Jamming with them was really fun. I was a bit off tho... broke my drum head, had to play sideways, and wasn't too solid on my chops..... but it was still fun. I had a good time even tho I got a bit frustraited with myself for messing up a so much. Went home, ate, and then went and watched a movie over at Capn' John tha Rockstars house. I got a copy of Iron Monkey for $4.99 at blockbuster.... the cheapest and one of the best purchaces I made all weekend... rad...

All in all it was a great weekend. Pretty chill, but definately good. Good friends good times... por vida.
--Capn' Slayin S.S. Themfooz

No comments: