August 08, 2002

I went and tested out my new Cycling shoes last night. I only had about 20 min to ride before it got dark so I went out and basically sprinted as fast as I could for about 5-6 miles.... it was really pretty fun. The weather was nice and the wind felt good blowing across my legs and face. I don't know if I have ever cranked so hard for so long in my entire life. My legs were burning by the time I finally got home. It was a good feeling. The shoes work great, it is amazing how much of a difference they make. I almost slid out on some loose gravel coming around a turn right by my house.... it was pretty wild. I think my heart may have skipped a beat or two. I was going really fast and cut the turn a bit tight at first. I felt my stomach in my thoat when the back wheel slipped on the loose ground. Luckily I was able to widen my turn radius and some how I was able to maintain control.... tipping over going that fast would have been pretty horrible. As scary as it was to almost crash, looking back it was kinna exciting. There is a unique and exhilerating feeling you get when you push your limits to the brink of disaster and some how maintain control. The fine line between death and glory I suppose.... That is probably what I like so much about skateboarding. Walking that fine line between pulling a rad trick and wrecking yourself....It is a rad feeling... I highly recommend it. The thrill of it all..... walk that line.
--Capn' Walkin S.S. Thehighwire

No comments: