August 01, 2002

I was begining to write a post about what I have done for the last two days after work when I realized something: I would just be writing what I always write... As if it would be of any surprise to anyone (or even myself 10 years from now...) that I went and skated at Greer with some friends, that I had fun, and that it was rad.... and then I went and ate a burrito.... and then I went and played music down at the studio.... As if that would be hard to guess..."My life in a nut shell." Where the hell did that quote come from anyway? Who looks at their life in a nut shell? It would be pretty cramped in a nut shell if you ask me... hm... Anyway, I realized that I could probably skip my next 100 posts and just write: I went and skated, it was fun. Then I ate a burrito, I am full. I went to a show, it was good, I went bowling, had a great time, I drove out to Ripon and skated....I played music... I am tired. That is my life. Six things consume my life: Sleeping, Eating, Skateboarding, Going to shows, Playing Music, More Eating, and Work. Creature of habit? Habitual monster? Robot on a mission? hm.. maybe just a Creature... I dunno... but the real point of all this rambling is this: I finished eating a huge burrito at La Bomba last night, and was kickin' back enjoyin the wonderfully content feeling of being stuffed to the point of explosion, when I realized something: I am happy. At that moment I really couldn't picture anything that could make life better. Well, maybe there are a few things that could use some work, but I guess I finally got a vision of how life should be... I could see what would make me happy. And the things that make me happy are pretty simple: Skating, hanging out with friends, and eating burritos while relaxing and drinking Juaritas. For a while I think I got stuck on the idea that I needed to meet a girl and I needed to do this or that and something else in order to be truely happy... but really, the only things I need are my friends and some plastic chairs to chill in while digesting fat burritos. Simple.... maybe... but it was kinna nice to realize that it really doesn't take much for me to be content. Sure there are a ton of things I want... and there are plenty of things that I would wish for given a genie in a bottle, but what I need is an entirely different, and far more simple story. I felt a great deal better when I realized that... like some weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.... yes, Life is good.
--Capn' Slaytan S.S. Livinlife

No comments: