July 11, 2002

yar... so my boss and I are walking across the campus to get to the new building and he starts sayin that "we are totally fucked" and stuff like that.... nothing new, my boss is kind of paranoid and tends to blow things out of proportion.... so I ask him with a slight grin on my face why he thinks we are in such a tight spot... he goes on to list a few things: Some German dude is coming into town this week, and some process is being changed, and someone is leaving to go to Washington on an "important" business trip, and oh yea all the job req's have been junked..... my grin fades to a frown.... "the job req's have been junked I ask? as if my hearing had gone bad..... my boss: "yea... oh.... I wasn't supposed to tell you that tho.... so don't mention it to anyone else...." my mood goes from bad to worse... my brain shifts into overdrive.... I don't hear the rest of the things that my boss has to say for the next 10 min......

so let me break it down, this means that I need to start looking for a life raft because: who knows when, but probably sometime soon, it looks like I will be out of a job ... Just when I thought I was gonna be set for a little while.... a huge hole opens up in the side of the ship..... this company is so jacked.... maybe it is a good idea for me to jump ship.... I don't love my job and most of my friends are gone now..... Really the only good thing about this job is that it is easy, flexable, and pays enough to live on... nothing rad tho.... not at all my dream job.... I won't be sad if I get laid off, well, maybe just a little since I know it is going to suck to have to go job searching..... ugh... but for the most part I won't miss working here....

It still sucks tho. Just when I thought things were coming together, an Iceberg goes and puts a huge hole in my boat.... where the hell did that bloody iceberg come from anyway.... one week it looks like I may get a job as a permanent employee... and the next... I am jumpin in the water to swim with all the other unlucky fish... I thought that once I was done with school things would be so easy.... boy was I wrong... maybe I should go back to school, things were so much better back then.... yar.... oh well, just a bump in the ole road... not a storm that will take me down to Davey Jones'... but still an unexpected storm to say the least....
tis all fer now....
--Capn' Sinking S.S. Ship

No comments: