July 29, 2002

Yar Tha Weekend In Review:
Friday: Skated Greer after work for almost three hours. Saw some serious rippers skate they were doing some of the best shit I have ever seen there... it was pretty awesome. People having fun, throwing down seriously hesh tricks, ripping it up... It was rad. After that sped home at a million miles an hour and met up witht the crew to sail over to Santa Cruz to see The Fire Sermon. They rule. One of my favorite bands of all time. They put more energy into their songs than any other band I have seen (except for Flogging Molly maybe). Unfortunately there were not very many people at the show... which kinna sucked... I am really suprised they don't have a bigger following... but then, they haven't been around for that long I guess... anyway, it was a bloody great show... Viva the Sermon!

Saturday: Saturday was sleep in day... slept in until almost 12... hmmmmm yea! That felt good. Then it was off to Eric's Deli for a sandwhich and soda. They make good sandwhiches there... (my stomach says thank you Eric's) and then, it was off to Help Capn' Quinn "the wild one" Walker move out from his apartment up in Pacifica. Wow... that was a task... Capn' Waker didn't really have that much stuff to move, but he lived on the second story of this crazy apartment complex. It was reeeeaaaally hard to get stuff down the stairs due to the 180 degree turn that had to be made at the top of the stairs in order to then get down a narrrrrroooow ass walkway. It was hard work. I am glad I am not in the moving business. Flights of stairs and heavy wall units are not fun to move. Throwing the unwanted couch off the second story was pretty fun tho... *Crash splinter splinter fold in half* haha nothing is as fun as breaking stuff... On the topic of breaking things... the highlight of the eve. was Capn' Walker "roof testing" a 26" TV off the second story of his house. Outcome = Cement driveway 1, TV Zero..... If you have never broken a TV before... I strongly recomend it.... the sound of the tube exploding is great.... BOOOOOOM! sounded like a car accident... it was so loud you could feel it... boooooom... haha it did however, make quite a mess... haha After the roof test, had a few beers and some pizza... and then called it a night. Movin' sure can take a lot out of you, but breakin stuff can sure put it back... hehe...

Sunday: Sunday is my funday... One phrase can sum up my Sunday: Hotter then hell. Took the ole road trip out to Ripon again and then contiued south to a city called Ceres. Ripon is the most hesh park on northern California. Ceres is the most tech park in all of California. Visit both of those parks in one day and you get ... well... broken.... haha Capn' Dave "the one trick wonder came out with me. I wish some other members of the crew had been able to make it... maybe next weekend ... haha I haven't skated that much in a long time. I really went all out at Ceres. I broke myself off a piece trying to do a backside grab over the pyramid to flat.... I must have fallen about 4 or 5 times tryin' to stick that shit. Thanks to Dave and a friendly bet (a gatoraid if I pulled it) I finally managed to throw it down and bust out. Dave skated pretty good too. He killed this one ledge... crux, 5.0 180 out, nose slide... it was sick, he landed everything super clean. The only thing that sucked about the trip was the fact that it was hotter then an oven out there.... It was sooo hot and humid that it was really hard to breath.... I don't know how people live out there... Why did they build such amazing parks in the bowels of hell? I drank 3 large Gatoraids, 3 bottles of watter, and a slapple... and I was still thirsty... it was so hot my brain felt like it was cooking... What I wonder even more is why on earth do two small towns like Ripon and Ceres have two of the best parks in California, while a city like San Jose doesn't even have a shitty one.... what is that all about? Not a single public park in all of San Jose??!! My legs are hurting today... but well worth it. Definately worth it... Road trips, that is what it is all about.... fun... sun... skateboarding... does it get any better? After a long drive home we decided to go out to Jakes and get some Pizza...yum! That place rocks. I can't think of a better way to end a long day of skating...

So that's the weekend in review... skated three parks... drank three beers... had three sandwiches.... drove three hours to hell and back.... all in all I gotta say it was a great weekend....
--Capn' Burnin S.S. Trails of Fire

No comments: