June 08, 2002

YAR! well, the ole weekend is off to a great start of hesherness.... Skated Greer again after work, that place is crazy.... super hesh... didn't learn any new lines but met a few cool people and laughed a lot.... it is fun to ride the ole plank there... the people are always friendly and almost always act crazy.... funny dogs ride there.... Anyway, after a pretty hesh Greer sesh... went home cleaned up, put on my Thrasher Love Affair shirt, which is pretty hesh.... put on my O.G. old school jeans, which are pretty hesh.... and my red, old school, low-top vans and drove with Capn' John the rockstar up to frisco to see a show at Slims. We met Capn' Q-Walker there and had a few hesher bottles of budweiser... then saw one of my favorite bands in the world: The Fire Sermon! They are some rockers! Capn' Mike and I saw them open for the Supersuckers about 8 months ago, and we haven't missed a show of thiers since... They definately know how to raise the ole red flag.... so rad... so good... they are true heshers... super good show.... The other bands were pretty good too. Good Riddance rocked... they are the band that headlined the show.... I am gonna have to check out their stuff.... good solid punk rock from Santa Cruz. Great f'n show... super fun. The pirate in me was definately happy! So was the hesher....... After the show we went across the street to meet up with some homies from back in the day at a bar called "Butter" or something... it was kinna cool. My comrade Phil the one man funk show was there, he is the DJ at Butter.... I played in my second band with him during highschool.... that was super fun. He keeps trying to get me to join his new band... which is flattering. He is always telling me that he can't find anyone that can rock as well as me..."no one has the groove dog".... I don't know how true that is... but it makes an old pirate like me feel pretty good... anyway it was good to see Phil, it had been a long time. Butter serves budweiser in tall cans... does it get anymore hesh?? hahaha it was fun. Unfortunately, I was the DD so I didn't get to drink much... only two beers early in the night at Slims... but it was fun to see my friends gettin sloshed... good times for sure... John and I had a good talk about wenches on the way home from Butter, I feel a lot better today.... this last week had been weird... too many thoughts from the past comin up... anyway... things are rockin now!!!

On a total side note: I have been listening to the first Cypress Hill tape for the last three days... that isht is rad.... They are pretty hesh for hip hoppers... hahaha it is all about gettin back to your roots: Skating, Gangster Rap, and Hesher Rock.... life is good. yar the seas are kind today!
--Capn' GettinHesh S.S. '93tillinfinity

No comments: