June 17, 2002

The Weekend in review: ok so here is the ole weekend in review... twas a grand weekend... one of the best in a long time... good times... good friends... good weather... yar, twas a great weekend.. but I get ahead of myself... so here we go:
FRIDAY
Friday I went to the A's Giants game up in the city with Capn' Wayne tha killer, Capn' Wayne's Maiden, and one of the maiden's friends. I won't get into details (because I value my life) but let me just say, twas a grand time indeed.... haven't laughed so hard in weeks.... Got some crazy nacho's, some awesome garlic fries, a pretty good hot dog, and even some Anchor Steam on tap.....super fun eve/night, hangin out, telling stories, listening to stories... laughing at stories... hahaha great time... learned many a lesson about life. Friday night ends with this quote: "I see dead people" hahaha you had to be there... but let me just tell you, if you want to laugh really hard, hang out with Capn' Wayne, Tha Maiden, and her friend from LA.... those fools are characters for sure... hahaha great night, good fun! Didn't get home till after 3am... long night... but worth it for sure.
Saturday
Yar got a call around 10am from one of my best friends Ryan. Capn' Ryan and I go way back, to tha highschool days. I have been ridin the ole plank with that scurvey bastard for almost 10 years now.... Capn' Ryan is a member of the original 3D crew, as well as the FTP and RAC crews. We go way back, it is always fun to cruz the 7 seas with him. When I was in school at Santa Barbara, I would set sail at least once a quarter for the seas of San Diego and go shred with him. Many a good time. Yar, so anyway, Ryan calls me up and says: "we're goin to Greer, get up and get movin!" Ryan rips that place up. He busted the fattest front-side-flip in the big bowl... it was crazy.... suuuper sick, super floaty.... rad... After Greer we went to the Mt. View park to sail around for a bit... it was fun... kinna crowded... lucky for me, I think the kids that had infested the park were scared of my chops.... they all ran out of my way when I got near them.... haha it was kinna funny.... I guess I kinna skate like a crazy possessed madman there.... I realized after I took my first run that I was going about four times as fast as anyone else there and I was the only one doing any tricks on the ramps... it was kinna funny.... a couple of kids were like... "holly shi... that guy is haulin" hahaha it was rad.... Capn' Ryan and I had a sick mini ramp sesh.... those are the best. I hope Ryan moves up here sometime soon, I don't have many friends up here that push me to skate ramp better... Ryan always serves up tha challenge... I always learn something new when we ride together. Ryan busted a sick fakie fronside 180 to nose stall... that trick looks so rad... super fun sesh again.... After that I went to Skate Works to get some bigger wheels.... got some Spifire 60mm's haha I am a true hesher now..... got some old school Sal's too... yea! super stoked on that, I loved those shoes back in the day... I still do.. haha... anyway... got some new chillers and then went up to Ryan's for a fatty bbq! His little bro just graduated highschool, it was fun, great food, nice people, did I mention great food??? Chillin with Capn' Ryan and his girlfriend Anna. Super fun, played pool, drank beer, talked about the ole days.... it was fun, it is always good to see Ryan and Anna. I need to take a trip down to SD sometime soon....
Sunday
So Sunday rolled around and it was time to practice music again.... played with Capn' Wayne's friends again in the morning, I think that went pretty well. Played a few new songs.... I strugled a bit... but over all I think it went well. Better for sure then the previous practice... at least as far as my playing went. After that practice, I sailed over to Greer again to try out my new wheels. It was fun, skated hard. Then it was off to dinner at home, great dinner, yar the kinna dinner a pirate like me only has once every few months.... Steak, baked p'tatoes, fresh vegies from the garden... twas grand. After dinner it was off to the studio again.... for another 3 1/2 hours of practice... it was a pretty good practice... Capn' Mike and I are gonna be famous yet! haha har... so at about 2:30... I got home, ate some more snacks from the leftovers... and hit the ole hay.... twas a grand weekend... good food, good friends, good times.... I don't think life gets much better then this..... now if only I could find me a maiden... haha yar... tis all fer now ya bastards! Weigh anchor, another week tis apon us!!
--Capn' Norest S.S. Forthawicked

No comments: